Snapper Grounds Cruiser

/ Snapper Grounds Cruiser #1  

BXmark

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX2200
I'm looking to buy a utility vehicle for around the farm. The JD Gator is great but the price! The Kawazaki Mule is a lot less expensive but seems rather chinsy. I've seen the web site for the Snapper Grounds Cruiser and it seems a lot beefier than the Mule. I called about the price and I can get one for about the same price as the Mule. Anyone have any experience with the Grounds Cruiser or know anyone with one?

/ Snapper Grounds Cruiser #2  
Mark,
I don't know about the Snapper but I've got the Mule and can tell you it isn't chinsy. It's well built and starts everytime just like a charm even in cold weather. I recently got a JD Gator just because my wife wanted one with seats and six wheels. If you want a heck of a deal on a very good used one email me.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ Snapper Grounds Cruiser #3  
BXmark, my brother has had the big Mule for about 5 years, has only replaced the battery once. It's been used hard to pull downed trees and brush, haul all the dirt we can pile on the bed with my FEL, etc., but he only has less than 400 hours on it, and it's stored indoors when not in use. A rancher neighbor bought his a year later, and he's had to replace the timing gear (don't remember what that cost) and just yesterday told me it cost him $459 to have the clutch replaced, and I suspect he'll need a new set of tires before long. But his is stored sitting outside in the weather, has about 1,500 hours on it, and has been used to pull a hay rake, even move hay wagons, to tow and haul heavy loads, and for some teenage grandsons to play with./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Personally, I think they're great machines, but I guess use and maintenance will determine how well they hold up, like most machines./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ Snapper Grounds Cruiser
Here's the comparisons:
The Snapper and the John Deere Gator 4x2 are almost exactly equal in every way-- same capacity, same size cargo box, 1/2 h.p. difference in engine. Only difference is price-- the JD is $1,000 more.
The Mule 550 is the same price as the Snapper but less power, less cargo capacity, and smaller tires. The Mule 3000 compares nicely but for about $2,000 more.
I'd really prefer the Gator if I can wrangle a great deal on one but for the price it seems the Snapper isa great buy.

/ Snapper Grounds Cruiser #5  
I have a 6 wheel gator with 1800 hours on it. It has been great. I have a 4 X 8 hay trailer. I load the bed and the trailer when I haul wood. I have boards on the sides so I can load extreme amounts of dirt and rock. It works very well but can be hard to steer under extreme weight. (probably twice the rated capacity) We have seats for the back and use it for cruising in the woods. I replaced the tires with very aggressive atv tires. The only problem I have had is a worn out muffler. The gator has a Kawasaki motor. Have you seen any of the golf cart conversions? They look interesting but I don't know anybody that has one. I also was looking for a go cart for a friend and found an interesting off road vehicle that I book marked called a Lynx Hunting and Utility Vehicle. Check out the web site, it is interesting. http://www.gokartdirect.com

/ Snapper Grounds Cruiser #6  
Bx,
I got mine with mats, bedliner, bumper, rear hitch, and windshield for $7500.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ Snapper Grounds Cruiser #7  
Mark, I would also like to have a utility cart for the farm. I stumbled across this site
http://www.workhorsest.com/vehicles/sport/main.htm (I hope this link works as it is my first time trying to post a link). This cart is made by EZ GO. I have not researched price yet, but most everything else looks good to me.

Let us know what you decide on.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by rlk on 12/06/01 02:46 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ Snapper Grounds Cruiser #8  
Nope, you need to edit it again and put the "www" after the "//"./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ Snapper Grounds Cruiser
I like the idea that the EZ GO has a V-twin engine but top speed is slower, cargo weight capacity is only half as much as the others. I bet being an EZ GO the price is steep.
Check out the Snapper offering at www.snapper.com