simple maintence qs for mf 20 (like mf 135)

/ simple maintence qs for mf 20 (like mf 135) #1  

65cobra

I have a great repair manual but it does not cover maintenence at all.

What oil do I put in the transmission, I bought some valvoline Tractor hyd fluid, is that stuff for the tranny or the FEL pump? also where do I fill and and up to where on the tranny/internal hydraulics. its a late 60s MF 20 with the perkins diesel which I believe is very similar to the mf 135
tractor2internetsize.jpg

/ simple maintence qs for mf 20 (like mf 135)
bump.

There is a fill plug near the shifter levers and what looks like a top off plug 1/4 of the way down. is it really supposed to be 3/4 of the way full, if so I am really low.

/ simple maintence qs for mf 20 (like mf 135) #3  
The MF 20 is very similar to the MF 135. From the picture it looks like a 135 with an industrial loader on it. The hydraulic pump for the loader appears to be attached to the engine crankshaft so it will use regular hydraulic oil. The hydraulic fluid in the transmission case is much heavier that typical hydraulic oil. You should get the proper oil from your MF dealer as this oil also lubricates the transmission and final drive. There are other hydraulic fluids out there that meet the MF specifications but be sure they do. The dip stick for checking the oil level is on the right side under the seat down by the step plate. You will see a round plate with 6 or 8 bolts around it. The oil level only comes up to the bottom bolt on that plate. As you said, the fill plug is on top to the left of the transmission shift levers.

/ simple maintence qs for mf 20 (like mf 135)
Thanks