Similar to the 'upgrade' thread......time to let it go?

/ Similar to the 'upgrade' thread......time to let it go? #11  
Just one tractor!! What will you use to drag it back to the shop if it breaks??

Just kidding, talking about your equipment not mine.........

When I need to let something go (which I don't do often enough) it helps to think of someone else getting joy from it.

Best,

ed

/ Similar to the 'upgrade' thread......time to let it go?
Just one tractor!! What will you use to drag it back to the shop if it breaks??

Just kidding, talking about your equipment not mine.........

When I need to let something go (which I don't do often enough) it helps to think of someone else getting joy from it.

Best,

ed
That is a good view point. Selling to the right buyer could make all the difference.

/ Similar to the 'upgrade' thread......time to let it go? #13  
If you do decide to sell; I'm of the opinion that doing a full fluid change is a waste of money unless it's got water in it, and it has too have it. I think even with new filters and fluids, a buyer is not going to price that in, cause he/she will probably count on doing their own as soon as they buy.

As a buyer, this is one of the big things that always bugs me, along with new tires. The seller invariably wants as much as they paid, and sometimes more, for stuff that I wouldn't use myself. Different tires are probably less of an issue on tractors than cars I buy, and it seems the 4x4 owners are always the worst as they often put some kind of stupid expensive highway oriented tire on it two days before selling it then want the buyer to cover it.

Nope, if I'm buying a 4x4, it's because it's going off road, and I want off road tires. It's killed many deals for me.

With fluids, seller can claim anything, but I don't really know if they used the same quality I would, or if they dumped in the cheapest garbage they could find, then increased the selling price to cover the cost of the good stuff... And then I'm paying for stuff I'm just going to dump right out anyways...

/ Similar to the 'upgrade' thread......time to let it go? #14  
Usually when i see brand new fluid in a machine that’s for sale i think the buyer didnt want me to see what the last fluid looked like. I see it as ‘destroying the evidence’. I know its usually not done with ill intent but id honestly prefer to see everything ‘as it is’ and not be left to wonder.

/ Similar to the 'upgrade' thread......time to let it go?
Usually when i see brand new fluid in a machine that’s for sale i think the buyer didnt want me to see what the last fluid looked like. I see it as ‘destroying the evidence’. I know its usually not done with ill intent but id honestly prefer to see everything ‘as it is’ and not be left to wonder.
This is one reason I wouldn't bother changing any fluids. The other reason is I'm not spending any money on a machine I'm going to be selling. (IF I end up selling it) Let the next guy pick up the maintenance schedule. What's there is what it is. No water in any of the oil because the tractor is always stored inside. I'd have nothing to hide in the sale. Brakes work great, throttle linkage is worn out. Tachometer is present but removed, didn't work when I got it. Other than that, it would be "As is with any and all faults".