Shoulder Mechanic

/ Shoulder Mechanic #31  
When I was 10, my family adopted a stray gray & white tabby that followed me home from school one day. I'm not sure if we adopted him or he adopted us. We called him "Cat" and he lived to be 19. He was with me all through my teenage years and I still think of him often. It's amazing how attached we get to our pets and how they become part of the family.

I could write a book on the things that cat would get into. I used to play the harmonica and whenever I did, Cat would come running and howl along with me as I played! A video of that would surely go viral today!

R.I.P. Cat, we still miss you!

/ Shoulder Mechanic #32  
When I was 10, my family adopted a stray gray & white tabby that followed me home from school one day. I'm not sure if we adopted him or he adopted us. We called him "Cat" and he lived to be 19. He was with me all through my teenage years and I still think of him often. It's amazing how attached we get to our pets and how they become part of the family.

I could write a book on the things that cat would get into. I used to play the harmonica and whenever I did, Cat would come running and howl along with me as I played! A video of that would surely go viral today!

R.I.P. Cat, we still miss you!
Ha! I had a dog named Dog and a cat named Cat. We raised the cat from a kitten with the Cairn Terrior, and he thought he was a dog. We'd walk him on a leash, and he'd do tricks. He was a big cat. He could stand on the floor, put his front paws on the dining room table, and pull food off of your plate if you weren't watching. I think the Cairn egged him on. 🤣

/ Shoulder Mechanic #33  
Just showed up one day and made herself home.

P 1.jpg

/ Shoulder Mechanic #34  
Just showed up one day and made herself home.

View attachment 781494
Funny cat story. One evening hear a cat meowing at the door. Open the door and there's a white middle aged cat. Never saw it before. It immediately comes in and starts rubbing on my leg. I notice blood on it's side. Pick it up and see it's got a tear in it's side and it's guts are trying to come out. My wife goes into "mothering" mode. The next morning she hauls it to the Vet and he sews it up. For 4 days my wife kept it in the house nursing it. On the morning of the 5th day it goes to the door and starts meowing. She opened the door and it ran out. Yep,,,, never saw it again...... Stupid animal huh.....

/ Shoulder Mechanic #35  
Smart enough to get help like this one that wouldn't come near me for anything, but showed up in the yard with her kittens. I caught them all with a trap. My wife found homes for the kittens, but no one wanted the mama because she wasn't tame. It took 6 months to get her tamed. I figured she would finally become tame since she had enough sense to bring her kittens to the house to get help when they were hungry. She's a pretty affectionate cat now, but was very defensive at first.

Attachments

• kittens.jpg
    kittens.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 78