Shibaura Sd1840 steering question

/ Shibaura Sd1840 steering question #1  

hondasilverwing

Tractor
Shibaura SD1840
Hi all, I'm a newby here and I recently bought a SD1840 to tinker around with. Could anyone tell me if this tractor is supposed to have power steering or not. I was able to locate a parts manual from Southern Global Tractor and the best I can tell from the parts manual it looks to be a manual steer unit. It is a little tough to steer and since it is 4 wheel drive I was hoping it would have power steering......am I missing something here?......PS, any ideas how old this tractor is?? NAPA shows that Shibaura's one litre engs were made in 1979-1980 and this does have a 1005cc/22hp engine (LET802C).

/ Shibaura Sd1840 steering question #2  
no powersteering. late 1970s.

/ Shibaura Sd1840 steering question #3  
Hi all, I'm a newby here and I recently bought a SD1840 to tinker around with. Could anyone tell me if this tractor is supposed to have power steering or not. I was able to locate a parts manual from Southern Global Tractor and the best I can tell from the parts manual it looks to be a manual steer unit. It is a little tough to steer and since it is 4 wheel drive I was hoping it would have power steering......am I missing something here?......PS, any ideas how old this tractor is?? NAPA shows that Shibaura's one litre engs were made in 1979-1980 and this does have a 1005cc/22hp engine (LET802C).

If you add ballast weight to the 3 pt hitch you will end up with lighter steering as the rear weight will lift the load on the front axle.

Higher front tire pressures also help.

Dave M7040

/ Shibaura Sd1840 steering question
Thank you