shibaura 2803T ignition switch

/ shibaura 2803T ignition switch #1  

jjames23

Looking for a source for an ignition switch for a shibaura 2803T

/ shibaura 2803T ignition switch #2  
There are ignition switches that will work. You may need to figure out the wiring. An ignition switch with a glow plug position usually goes for $60 to $80. I went to the auto parts store when my Mitsubishi ignition switch failed. I got a new generic automotive ignition switch for $5 or $10. Since it had no glow plug position I also purchased a heavy duty spring loaded momentary contact toggle switch to operate the glow plugs. I've been living happily ever after for the last ten or so years.

/ shibaura 2803T ignition switch
I don't knot the history of the model, but I've had it for over 10 years. It is a strong little tractor.

/ shibaura 2803T ignition switch #6  
There is very little information on Tractor Data regarding any Shibaura tractor. It does say some models were imported by Ford - New Holland. You could check with that dealer for an ignition switch but I think I can guarantee it will cost upwards of $80. Shibaura may have been sold as a grey market tractor under their brand. That doesn't mean it's a bad tractor, that only means they were never intended for export to the US, which is why you'll have trouble locating parts. TractorData.com - Shibaura farm tractors sorted by model