Shaver post driver Hydraulic Question

/ Shaver post driver Hydraulic Question #1  

derekuk101

Bronze Member
Tractor
M5-111, M8540, M4900, Ford 3600
We have a new HD-10 and I keep kicking the hydraulics off on the tractor when we try to use it. If I slowly move the leavers, it will work. Normal speed, kicks the hydraulic lever off on the tractor. It is plumbed where the return line dumps back into the fill port on the tractor. Tractor is a Kubota M8540.

Another issue I've noticed is how it seems to kick back toward the tractor when it stikes the post. The first photo shows it straight and then after it hits, its kicked back. Appreciate any advice you all might have.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

IMG_9728.jpg

IMG_9726.jpg

/ Shaver post driver Hydraulic Question #2  
I think the hydraulic part has to do with the pressures using a valve with a detent to run/feed another valve and the simple solution is to use a "bungee cord" on the tractor valve.
I see the tilt and don't really have a clue.
I'd double check both of these with your dealer. 👍

/ Shaver post driver Hydraulic Question #3  
I have an HD-8 and plumbed it up to my old Ford 2000 10 years ag or so. If memory serves me correctly plumbing has to do with the type of system you have, open center, or closed center. Seeing 2 ports on top lined up with the driver lever, it may be as simple as moving the pressure hose that's in the port furthest from the control lever, to the one nearest the lever. If you got installation instructions, I'd look through them again.