Seal replacement Cub 7275

/ Seal replacement Cub 7275 #1  

rims421

Silver Member
Tractor
new holland tc- 35
I need to replace the two oil seal's on my 7275.
The front axle differential seal (where front drive shaft connects to front axle ) and the mid mount pto seal are both leaking pretty good. I have been using the machine almost daily for the last few weeks. But will have a break in the action soon. Has anyone had any experience with changing these seals. The front axle seal has a large nut in front of it. Is this just to retain the seal or does it somehow tension the pinion gear? I have not removed the skid plate on the mid mount yet. It looks like I will have to drain all the hydro fluid to do the mid mount seal. The pinion shaft does not have any noticable play in it so hopefully I can replace the seals and be good to go. I am looking for any info or things I should be aware of before I start this project.
The seals have been ordered and should be in this week. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Seal replacement Cub 7275 #2  
I hope to be doing my mid pto seal this weekend on my 7275. I was going to try and change it without emptying the oil. I have a large drain pan that I was going to put under the tractor. Here is my plan of attack. The tractor will be facing up a hill in my yard. The oil will flow to the rear. Not all of it of course. I am going to pop two holes in the old seal. Then I am going to use a dent puller to pull the old seal out. I plan on using a pipe or PVC the same diameter as the seal to put in the new seal. I will try to remember to look at the front end seal for you. I would think that the nut is for keeping the shaft in place as with any rear or front end. I would also find out what the torque on the nut should be before doing anything to that seal. This will allow the nut to be tightened back to specs. Looking at the parts breakdown. The nut will have to be removed to replace the seal. Number 6 is the seal.

Attachments

• 416036-DSC01558.JPG
    416036-DSC01558.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 207
   / Seal replacement Cub 7275
Sounds like a good idea. Let me know how you make out with your seal replacement.
I will post my results when I get a chance to do my seal replacement.

/ Seal replacement Cub 7275 #4  
I will have a complete set of parts and service manuals for the 7275 in 7-10 days.

/ Seal replacement Cub 7275 #5  
I changed my mid PTO seal today. It was the easiest thing to change. The seal has a lip on it that sits flush against the PTO housing. I just took a small chisel and put it against the lip and tapped it with a hammer. The seal popped right out. The oil that leaked out was less than a pint. I believe the oil holes in the inside of the PTO housing are very small in order to keep the tractor from draining out quickly should the seal blow out. I had the new seal lubed and ready to pop in when I took the old one out. A quick switch was all it took. I used a large deep socket I have to put the new seal in. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I did my seal's on Sunday.
The pto seal was partially popped out of the housing causing the leak. I probably could have just pushed back in. But since I had a new seal I decided to use it. The pinion seal was pretty straight forward as well. The pinion seal also has a bushing with an o ring behind it. I am wondering why the pto seal was pushed out any ideas?

/ Seal replacement Cub 7275 #7  
My seal probably could have been pried out with a nail file. It was real easy to remove and install the new one. I would bet that debris caught in the seal the right way could possibly dislodge it.

Yes I think you may be right. When I removed the skid plate it was completley filled with debris.