SD2243D Tractor - front loader hydraulic cylinders

/ SD2243D Tractor - front loader hydraulic cylinders #1  

WestPalmBob

Tractor
Shibaura SD2243D
One of the hydraulic cylinders on the front loader of my SD2243D tractor is leaking badly from the gland. This is one of the two doubling-acting cylinders that curls the bucket. I plan to take it tomorrow to the local hydraulic shop. I'm happy with their work but they are slow and expensive. I'd consider doing the work myself but I don't what seal kit is needed. I don't think I'll be able to remove the current seals - particularly the ones in the gland, without destroying them.

Wish I could get another cylinder of each type so that I could just swap it if there's a failure and rebuild it at a time of convenience. Are these used in any other machines?

I see a few photos of tractors labeled as SD2243D that look like mine but have different front loaders. Are these different years or is the front loader optional?
Any comments / suggestions appreciated.

/ SD2243D Tractor - front loader hydraulic cylinders #2  
Most Japanese tractors did not come with loaders. It could be a Japanese, Vietnamese or a US loader.

/ SD2243D Tractor - front loader hydraulic cylinders
Most Japanese tractors did not come with loaders. It could be a Japanese, Vietnamese or a US loader.
Thanks - That's helpful to know. I doubt it's US because the hydraulic connectors are metric and uncommon. If I could figure out who made it, I might be able to able to get the breakdown of the seals for these.

/ SD2243D Tractor - front loader hydraulic cylinders
Thanks - That's helpful to know. I doubt it's US because the hydraulic connectors are metric and uncommon. If I could figure out who made it, I might be able to able to get the breakdown of the seals for these.
As I think about it - it's interesting that this would have been popular without a loader. I more that doubles the usefulness of the machine - at least for what I do...

/ SD2243D Tractor - front loader hydraulic cylinders #5  
Most Japanese tractors were used mainly for rototilling on small plots. Tractors with loaders usually were on livestock farms.