saw jinmar/farmpro tractor at flea market

/ saw jinmar/farmpro tractor at flea market #11  
My point is, it's not just tractor resellers-- it bugs the heck out of me when I walk into a new car dealership, and I have to tell the salesman about the car. He's the one selling it, he should know what engines are available in each model, etc.

There are good and bad in everything, and Homier has a few dealers set up now. Some of the ones I've checked out don't have a clue about the tractors (they just stick them on the lot and hope someone buys one without any effort on their part), and one of the ones I've talked to has actually been to the factory in China and is quite knowledgeable about them.

It's just a case of the buyer needs to be as educated as possible, and If that means learn more than the person selling them, then so be it.

/ saw jinmar/farmpro tractor at flea market #12  
heck, buck, i'm a used car salesman, car lot/dealership owner, service repair facility owner, and i sell jinmas!! just because i'm into several different things makes me illitereate about jinmas?? i've used one for couple years, and sell 'em too, assemble out of crates, change fluids, whole deal.
have several other owners in area that come to me for parts, even though they didn't buy from me, (which i refer them to deljen most of time). so, no i don't claim to be no jinma or chinese tractor authority, but i certainly ain't stupid about them either, just because we sell cars and trucks and vans too!! matter of fact, i'm thinking of adding dong-feng line shortly. so please---please---please people, don't compare us regular dealers with homier!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ saw jinmar/farmpro tractor at flea market
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( They are tractor resellers not tractor dealers, big difference. )</font>

Yes and no.. but we are both splitting hairs on what we call someone who sells a tractor...

Bottom line is it is either a personal sale, or a business transaction.

They are either in business selling tractors, or it is a personal sale... if they have the retail sales license..( or wholesale for that matter.. ) they are 'dealing' in tractors.. whether they import and sell, or buy and resale. matters not if they sell to end users, or to other business..

But I do agree with your point... a 'real' dealer, is someone who you can go to for service, parts, advice, etc.
Those are the people to buy from.. as we've heard, the tent sales stuff, is almost -0- service after sale..

Obviously we see negative posts about places like Homiers..and inadvertantly, that is putting a bad light on jinma, where it shouldn't.

As with anything, people need to do enough research to make sure they know what they are getting, and are comfterable with it.. works for old and new tractors.. foreign or domestic..

Soundguy

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I don't have anything to add Soundguy, I just liked reading your article. )</font>

I just went back and looked at that post.. boy it is looong.. If I keep doing that they are gonna charge me for server space!

Soundguy

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( selling the old Ford tractors that Soundguy talked with just wanted the cash if they were interested in be dealers they would have known more abut the tractors than )</font>

Gotta agree with ya ( darn! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )Can't argue with that. It is similar to people who occasionally sell horses.. and to those who are 'horse traders'.

The horse traders just look at bottom line.. Everyone they sell to is a potential winner/looser on the deal.. just depends on the horse that walks of fthe trailer next.

It all really is about service and ethics.

Soundguy

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( technical support area and have grown natuarally leary of salesmen, as most of you technical types have. It is a learned behavior )</font>

How about being the support tech and knowing you are going to have to clean up behind your companies salesman that tell the customer the product can spin gold, etc...

Yep.. salesmen make me itch, and I have a very good working BS detector.... It kinda throws you off when you meet the odd honest one...

Soundguy

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ---please people, don't compare us regular dealers with homier!! )</font>

In his defense, I must say that . according to your own description of your operating practices.. you fall under the 'bona - fide ' true ' service after sale' dealers we were discussing.. not the tractor reseller types that give some a bad name.

keep up the good work,

( Been great -talking- to all of you... many of the subs I used to read, we couldn't have had a civil conversation like this, and had disagreements, etc.. I'm glad the crown that gets together here is so even tempered and willing to talk about things... makes for great discussions. ( thanks ) )

soundguy

/ saw jinmar/farmpro tractor at flea market #18  
Dude, I wasn't complaining,I like a good read now and then.So please,type all ya want your not buggin me...Thanks... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ saw jinmar/farmpro tractor at flea market #19  
<font color="blue"> "just because i'm into several different things makes me illitereate about jinmas??" </font>

What post did I imply that you were illiterate about a product because you sell many products?? Sounds like you are above what most Jinma resellers are doing right now and it is commendable, keep it up.