Snow Attachments salt spreader attached to a 3 pt. Blade

/ salt spreader attached to a 3 pt. Blade #1  

Triguy1

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota bx2360
Has anyone here attached a salt spreader to a rear blade on a tractor? I was thinking that this might be effective, but wanted to see if anyone else had tried it. potential pitfalls and pictures welcomed.

Thanks,

Jon

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ salt spreader attached to a 3 pt. Blade #2  
image-1660708899.jpg

/ salt spreader attached to a 3 pt. Blade #4  
I have not, but I was considering attaching a small blade to my salt spreader.

/ salt spreader attached to a 3 pt. Blade #5  
I figured I would post what I have. it might help you see what kind of room you would have to work with. I haven't seen a lot of salt spreader mounted on tractors. I searched when I did mine.

I hope the pic comes in handy.

/ salt spreader attached to a 3 pt. Blade
I figured I would post what I have. it might help you see what kind of room you would have to work with. I haven't seen a lot of salt spreader mounted on tractors. I searched when I did mine.

I hope the pic comes in handy.

Thank you. My idea is more on the lines of taking care of two things at once. I use a combination of the loader and the rear blade for snow removal, but then sometimes I will still have a thin layer if ice on the blacktop driveway. My initial thought was that if I get one of those smaller pick up (hitch mounted) salt spreaders, I could weld a receiver to the blade and attach it that way, thus completing two tasks at once with a minimum for fuss.

/ salt spreader attached to a 3 pt. Blade #7  
Thank you. My idea is more on the lines of taking care of two things at once. I use a combination of the loader and the rear blade for snow removal, but then sometimes I will still have a thin layer if ice on the blacktop driveway. My initial thought was that if I get one of those smaller pick up (hitch mounted) salt spreaders, I could weld a receiver to the blade and attach it that way, thus completing two tasks at once with a minimum for fuss.

It might work for 1 to 2 inches of snow, but if more than that or a long driveway, the snow will build up on the blade and pack into the spreader rendering it usless.

/ salt spreader attached to a 3 pt. Blade #8  
Are you planning on putting down salt or sand? The electric tail gate spreaders work fine with salt but sand is a tall order for them. I would think you could do it but you would want to make sure the spreader was behind the blade so the salt could be spread without being interfered with.

I have a rear PTO powered sand spreader. It normally just sits on a moving dolly in the corner of the garage until I need it. My plan was to put it on in the fall and take it off in the spring but found it sounded better than it worked out. With in on the tractor you loose visibility and it was always getting covered in snow and ice.