Saint Paddy's day

/ Saint Paddy's day #1  

murphy1244

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota 1120 RTV Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y
Happy Saint Patrick's Day All

/ Saint Paddy's day #3  
Thanks, Murph. Got my potatoes planted yesterday.

/ Saint Paddy's day #4  
My father-in-law's birthday is today. He is 97. Both of his parents emigrated from Ireland and he is a proud member of the Hibernians - has been for years - used to stop there for a beer after work at GE where he was a machinist.
Happy St. Patrick's Day to all.

/ Saint Paddy's day #5  
Top of the morning to all on TBN. Erin go bragh.

My Boston Irish roots will celebrate today though I don't have boiled dinner in the plans. Corned beef and cabbage was probably a nice change from daily cod but doesn't exactly get my mouth salivating. I'm grateful that the Italians and many other immigrant groups since have brightened up our culinary traditions here in Beantown. The Irish and Yankees (English) did not contribute much to the food scene beyond good butter and cheese IMO. I will however make up a pot of colcannon tonight (mashed potatoes and cabbage) which is a bit more interesting and goes well with anything that mashed potatoes does.

/ Saint Paddy's day
Cleveland Ohio has one of the oldest parades on Saint Patrick's day.

/ Saint Paddy's day #7  
Top of the morning to all on TBN. Erin go bragh.

My Boston Irish roots will celebrate today though I don't have boiled dinner in the plans. Corned beef and cabbage was probably a nice change from daily cod but doesn't exactly get my mouth salivating. I'm grateful that the Italians and many other immigrant groups since have brightened up our culinary traditions here in Beantown. The Irish and Yankees (English) did not contribute much to the food scene beyond good butter and cheese IMO. I will however make up a pot of colcannon tonight (mashed potatoes and cabbage) which is a bit more interesting and goes well with anything that mashed potatoes does.

I guess after the potato famine, anything tasted good to those early starving Irish.