Sabre 1742HS vs Scotts S1642

/ Sabre 1742HS vs Scotts S1642 #11  
Just a few things to look for in buying a lawn tractor. Frame--the cheaper ones have a
tubular frame that is welded together. Better ones have a cast iron front axle that will hold
up to the bumps from uneven ground. Grease fittings--the more the merrier. Especially on
the deck spindles & front wheel bearings. Deck construction & ease of removal. Also check
out the way the deck is mounted & the way it hangs from the tractor. Most of the riders
that are classified as Lawn tractors (LT's) are made cheap. The Garden tractors (GT's)
are better constructed. I've worked on a lot of different kinds. The cheap ones are just
that,but if they are used for the right purposes & not abused they will be ok.

/ Sabre 1742HS vs Scotts S1642 #12  
Here's a site that may help you in your decision click here ----Hope that worked, Bird just taught me how do do this.

/ Sabre 1742HS vs Scotts S1642 #13  
I've got to start looking at the dates on these posts. I delete my response since its after the fact now. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

8-72214-signature.jpg
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by PitbullMidwest on 11/21/01 09:24 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ Sabre 1742HS vs Scotts S1642 #14  
FYI- when looking at lawn mowing small tractors, look at the description- they are either "lawn tractors" or "garden tractors". The lawn tractors are solely dedicated grass-cutting machines, with light frames and axles and such. The garden tractors have beefier frames, axles and transmissions, designed to handle "ground engaging implements", like a small plow or disk, etc. Know the difference and shop smart. Good luck.