SA Series Safety Shutoff Situations

/ SA Series Safety Shutoff Situations #1  

Gryz

Tractor
Yanmar SA424
What are the various situations where the engine will shut off while running?

Today, while using my forks, I stood up from the seat in order to see them, went forward a bit, and the engine shut off. Just wanted to make sure that was normal. Makes sense I suppose.

The only other situation I know of is using the mid PTO and coming off the seat.
Are there any more?

/ SA Series Safety Shutoff Situations #2  
You have a safety switch on the seat any
time tractor is running you get off the seat
tractor stops!

willy

/ SA Series Safety Shutoff Situations
You have a safety switch on the seat any
time tractor is running you get off the seat
tractor stops!

willy
Interesting. I can get off my tractor when it is running though and it does not shut off. Or do you mean when the parking brake is not engaged?

/ SA Series Safety Shutoff Situations #4  
MIne just beeps when you get out of the seat without the parking brake set. I can't have a tractor that shuts off on steep slope because my butt left the seat for a couple of seconds. Had mowers that did that, don't do it no more. Sometimes I get into places and have stand to find a way to get out.

/ SA Series Safety Shutoff Situations #5  
Gryz, when you say you went forward a bit, are you saying that the tractor went forward by touching the pedal? if so yes the tractor will shut down, unless they changed it has been like that, it is for safety , you want to ck you can jack up the tractor, start it and push on the f/r pedal, it will shut down almost instantly

/ SA Series Safety Shutoff Situations
Gryz, when you say you went forward a bit, are you saying that the tractor went forward by touching the pedal? if so yes the tractor will shut down, unless they changed it has been like that, it is for safety , you want to ck you can jack up the tractor, start it and push on the f/r pedal, it will shut down almost instantly
Yes, exactly. I pushed the pedal forward while my butt was off the seat. Thanks for the confirmation.

/ SA Series Safety Shutoff Situations #7  
Interesting. I can get off my tractor when it is running though and it does not shut off. Or do you mean when the parking brake is not engaged?
Yes, that is 100% normal in that situation. It is very easy to bypass the seat switch, just a wire jumper on the tractor side plug. Do this at your own risk!

You could also wire in a switch that would allow you to bypass the seat switch, turning it on / off as needed.

/ SA Series Safety Shutoff Situations #8  
The safety switches on an SA are:
Seat switch
Forward pedal neutral switch
Reverse pedal neutral switch
PTO switch
PTO selection lever switch
Brake switch
Reverse Override

You may exit the tractor (leave seat) with the engine running and PTO on as long as the parking brake is set, forward and reverse pedals in the neutral position, and PTO selection lever is in rear only.