Rural Justice

/ Rural Justice #31  
Boy would I like to see some photos of the first two tries. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Rural Justice #32  
You don't see hubcaps much anymore, but we used to put a few pebbles in them and it worked pretty good. The victim would start to drive off, then hear all the noise and stop, get out and check the vehicle, not find anything and continue. I saw a guy stop 5 times before getting out of the parking lot once.

/ Rural Justice #33  
If the car is rear-wheel drive and doesn't have PosiTrak or something comparable, all you have to do is put a short hunk of 2 x 4 under one side of the rear axle. Also, don't forget about the ol' potato (cucumber?) up the tailpipe. Makes me think of my friend Keith's honeymoon. Some dasdardly soul smeared limburger cheese on the exhaust manifold (not me, honest!).

/ Rural Justice #34  
Aah, yes, I remember the gravel in the hubcaps and potato in the tailpipe, and while it was easy to spot, a 12" length of bicycle inner tube slipped over the end of the tailpipe made some unusual sounds, too.

Does anyone still make the fireworks that had wires you attached to a ground and a spark plug? When the car was started, a long whistle, explosion, and smoke. The first time I saw that one was when Dad put one on Mother's car. She failed to see the humor in it./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Rural Justice #35  
<font color=blue>The first time I saw that one was when Dad put one on Mother's car.</font color=blue>

Ahh! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Now we see who Bird takes after! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Rural Justice #36  
I've never seen the fireworks but I've stuck a vacuum line into a quart of tranny fluid and shut the hood. Tranny fluid sucked into the intake of a running engine puts out more smoke than any thing else in the world! We had a parts girl that would order the wrong parts 75% of the time, screwing up our production and our pay checks. That girl caught holy hell. One day a friend of mine ran hoses from the windshield washers up through the dash of the shop truck aimed through the steering wheel and jumpered the pump to the positive terminal on the coil. She turned on the key and it was shower time! The dummy sat there screaming with her hands in front of her face, never bothering to get out of the truck. One time Doug worked on her car. She wanted a tune up. Doug took an old rod cap and heated it red hot with the torch and then dipped it in oil. He carried the smoking rod cap into the parts house and told the girl she had a problem. I thought she was going to cry. I felt kind of bad for a minute, then the parts I'd ordered for a '92 Suburban came in. She had ordered the parts for an '89 Cadillac, because she knew they were the same, she had been doing this for nine years, SSDD, I didn't feel bad anymore.