RTV 900 radiator fan

/ RTV 900 radiator fan #1  

Robertreed711

Tractor
Kubota
I recently made another post about this machine but thought I should make a new post for this possible issue.

I've noticed that the fan on this machine doesn't seem to run. I haven't ran it for extended periods but I have seen the temp gauge get fairly high and never had the fan come on.

I tested the fan by hotwiring it and it functioned. I also grounded out the wire that connects to the switch that tells the fan to run and that also made the fan run.

Am I right in assuming that the switch needs to be replaced?

If so, can anyone tell me the part number for that item?

/ RTV 900 radiator fan #2  
Can't help with part numbers but my RTV 1120D (diesel) fan runs almost all the time......AND....last week a shrill alarm started buzzing when the temp got really high. I shut it down then turned on ign to let the fan continue to run.
The manual says "let engine idle and cool itself". Not too sure of that advice????? :confused::cautious:

/ RTV 900 radiator fan #3  
1140 CPX Overheating
C

countryplace

New member​

JoinedDec 10, 2022Messages1TractorKubota M9540
I have been having the same problem with my RTV 1140 as the other posters on here--intermittent overheating. Last time it happened (temp gauge pegged to right, coolant boiling out), I noticed that the fan was NOT running. So I did what buckkoo did in his post-wired the pos fan lead to the pos pole of the battery, and grounded the negative lead to the frame. Only thing I did different was I put a toggle switch in the wire between the pos fan lead and the battery. So what I do now is leave the toggle off (so fan is off) till the Kubota gets up to operating temp (temp gauge in center), then I switch on the toggle which turns the fan on. I leave it in this position until I shut the machine down. So far, so good--no overheating. But I've only put a few miles on it since I've done this, so time will tell. It's somewhat of a PITA to have to toggle the fan on and off, but if it prevents the overheating, I can live with it. I post again after I have a few more hours on the machine and give some follow up.

/ RTV 900 radiator fan #4  
Anytime you notice fan not running,going off and on,test water pump. Pump impeller replacement is under routine maintenance but many people ignore doing it. When impeller wears out,water stops circulating through radiator WHERE SENSOR IS for fan and fan is never signaled to come on. Ruined engine is the result.