Rotary Chimney Cleaning Tools?

/ Rotary Chimney Cleaning Tools? #11  
I found that the standard round 6" chimney brush worked just great. If it's done every year the cleaning action should be adequate. My chimney was 6" round triple wall SS.

/ Rotary Chimney Cleaning Tools? #12  
Firstly, my wood-heater chimney is straight up and down with a 30 degree pitch on the colorbond (metal) roof. My heater has a non-removeable internal plate, so I can only 'sweep' from the top.

My chimney sweep of choice = a steel star-picket (T-post, Y-post, etc...) with a few wraps of chicken wire (about a yard/metre long & a foot/30cm high) wired to the 'top' of the picket. There are handy holes in the picket to run the wire through to hold/tie the chicken wire onto the picket. If it's not wide enough, just add more wraps of chicken wire.

I then tie an appropriate length of rope (diameter to be able to thread through the picket's lowest 'hole' (towards the point).

I drop it down the chimney, chicken wire end first, and work the whole thing up & down the chimney. I do need to clean out the plate of the heater a few times during the operation so that I don't compact the 'sweepings'.

The chimney is 'shiny clean' at the end... and I haven't had to spend $$$s on sweeping gadgets/brushes.

/ Rotary Chimney Cleaning Tools? #13  
Firstly, my wood-heater chimney is straight up and down with a 30 degree pitch on the colorbond (metal) roof. My heater has a non-removeable internal plate, so I can only 'sweep' from the top.

My chimney sweep of choice = a steel star-picket (T-post, Y-post, etc...) with a few wraps of chicken wire (about a yard/metre long & a foot/30cm high) wired to the 'top' of the picket. There are handy holes in the picket to run the wire through to hold/tie the chicken wire onto the picket. If it's not wide enough, just add more wraps of chicken wire.

I then tie an appropriate length of rope (diameter to be able to thread through the picket's lowest 'hole' (towards the point).

I drop it down the chimney, chicken wire end first, and work the whole thing up & down the chimney. I do need to clean out the plate of the heater a few times during the operation so that I don't compact the 'sweepings'.
https://unitedhomeservices.com/chimney-sweep/dallas-tx/
The chimney is 'shiny clean' at the end... and I haven't had to spend $$$s on sweeping gadgets/brushes.
I have recently removed an old fire surround and opened up a fire place. We swept this ourselves and very little came out and we saw the sweep at the top. Next year I am hoping to put a log burning stove in but due to huge costs involved with the rest of the refurbishment ( re wiring, plastering, strapping etc) it is not possible right now. This said my other half has indicated that at christmas and the like she would like us to use it as an open fire until we install the burner.

The question is should I get it check and professionally swept? I obviously would hate to have a chimney fire or any other problems, does the self cleaning/seeing the sweep out the top mean there are no blockages? I assume so and also I assume there could be other problems I wouldn't be able to detect having no experience of fireplaces.

/ Rotary Chimney Cleaning Tools? #14  
I have recently removed an old fire surround and opened up a fire place. We swept this ourselves and very little came out and we saw the sweep at the top. Next year I am hoping to put a log burning stove in but due to huge costs involved with the rest of the refurbishment ( re wiring, plastering, strapping etc) it is not possible right now. This said my other half has indicated that at christmas and the like she would like us to use it as an open fire until we install the burner.

The question is should I get it check and professionally swept? I obviously would hate to have a chimney fire or any other problems, does the self cleaning/seeing the sweep out the top mean there are no blockages? I assume so and also I assume there could be other problems I wouldn't be able to detect having no experience of fireplaces.
You might put in your location; it helps folks get you a more tailored response.

I would have it checked by a professional. A brush going through is one thing, but it doesn't tell you anything about cracks in the masonry, or poorly fitting connections in the pipe, or poor clearances to the flue elsewhere. I suspect that you would not want to find out the hard way.

All the best,

Peter

/ Rotary Chimney Cleaning Tools? #15  
You might put in your location; it helps folks get you a more tailored response.

I would have it checked by a professional. A brush going through is one thing, but it doesn't tell you anything about cracks in the masonry, or poorly fitting connections in the pipe, or poor clearances to the flue elsewhere. I suspect that you would not want to find out the hard way.

All the best,

Peter
신용카드 현금화

All the best,
thank you so much for your suggestion