Buying Advice RK55SC purchase coming soon

/ RK55SC purchase coming soon #1  

gunny0628

Gold Member
Tractor
2019 Rural King 55HC
So I started looking at tractors about 4 months ago and came about this site. Started my research and started looking at RK tractors mostly because of the positive remarks in the forum. I haven’t found very much negative if any on them. And price to value is very good.

So I went to my local RK and started looking and continued my lurking here. Once I put my hands on one physically that’s all it took.

So here’s what I’m looking at.........

55SC (still trying to decide hydro vs shuttle)
72” loader
60” grapple
Third function valve kit
72” brush cutter
72” finish mower
84” rear blade
72” box blade
72” rake
Carry All
Boom pole

Not sure there isn’t anything else I should get. I’d love to do the backhoe but can’t afford it right now. The equipment above will be used at least weekly. Maybe not every week with the grapple and blades. But enough to justify the purchase.

Does anyone know of any mods that they’ve done to the tractor? I saw a post on a light bar. Was looking to see if there was anything else. I saw something about a tool box too. I think I’m gonna make the carryall into a tool box.

I do a lot of welding as a hobby when I’m not running/maintaining the farm. I’d love to say our place is a hobby farm but it’s a business. Mowing, moving manure, burning debris/deadfall, filling in holes made by horses, mending fences, etc isn’t a hobby.

Anyways, any input would be great. I’m pretty excited to get this tractor and see what I can do.

Bill

/ RK55SC purchase coming soon #2  
Highly recommend the 3rd rear remote. Before you know it you will want a top & tilt set for your 3pt hitch and implements with hydraulic cylinders that need to be operated.

You probably need to go with a 96" rear blade and while your at it, at least hydraulic blade angle. :thumbsup:

/ RK55SC purchase coming soon #3  
Nail down a price. Then visit a couple other brand dealerships with your written price quote in hand.

After that you will then truly know if price to value is good.

Wel ome to TBN.

/ RK55SC purchase coming soon #4  
Gunny, just curious as to why you're choosing the 60" grapple over the 72" since there's not much difference in price and the 60" is designed for the RK37.

/ RK55SC purchase coming soon #5  
Gunny,

I guess that local RK store is the one in Gainesville?

If you do decide to "visit a couple other brands" ... you should drive right past green and orange on your way to RK

I am near Melrose - BTW

/ RK55SC purchase coming soon #6  
Gunny,

If you do decide to "visit a couple other brands" ... you should drive right past green and orange on your way to RK

I am near Melrose - BTW

Sounds like the OP is first time buyer. So you are suggesting no shopping comparison?

Interesting technique.

/ RK55SC purchase coming soon #7  
Sounds like the OP is first time buyer. So you are suggesting no shopping comparison?

Interesting technique.

No, I reminded him that he will be driving right past two "big name" brands on his way to RK - and, they are both on the right-hand side to make turning in easy ...

/ RK55SC purchase coming soon
Gunny,

I am near Melrose - BTW

Wow a neighbor. Very nice. I’ve been to the green one, actually got a zero turn there a few years back. Just won’t go back for a few reasons.

Orange, my original price comparison just didn’t compare for what I wanted and what I would get for my money.

I went with RK/TYM because of the reputation that preceded them. Well at least I’m leaning heavily in that direction.

/ RK55SC purchase coming soon #9  
No, I reminded him that he will be driving right past two "big name" brands on his way to RK - and, they are both on the right-hand side to make turning in easy ...

My mistake, sorry. I thought youu meant to ignore other colors. I apologize. Sorry.