RK55 - Backhoe subframe & oil change

/ RK55 - Backhoe subframe & oil change #1  

g8erh8er

Silver Member
Tractor
RK55HC
I just performed an oil change and removed the backhoe subframe to avoid a mess. Out of curiosity, when reinstalling the plate, I switched it 180 degrees to see where the holes would now fall relative to the drain plug. Low and behold, one of them lines up. It's not perfectly concentric, but will now allow a wrench with extension to easily pass through and the oil should drain with no mess. Doesn't help those who have a backhoe (assuming those holes serve a purpose when it's installed), but for those without one, this is a simple way to allow for future oil changes without the need to remove the plate or use a special valve.

Attachments

• IMG_9227 (1).jpg
    IMG_9227 (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
   / RK55 - Backhoe subframe & oil change #2  
Good tip g8erh8er........ That will save folks some time and headaches. I was in your neck of the woods yesterday. Drove to the Zephyrhills store to pickup up something my local store has been out of for a month now. Nice area.

/ RK55 - Backhoe subframe & oil change
Hi Don - yep we are fortunate with some pretty hills & pastures in this area. Won't stay that way forever unfortunately as Wesley Chapel keeps getting closer & closer.