RK24 question about the auto throttle when using the BOH?

/ RK24 question about the auto throttle when using the BOH? #1  

England

Tractor
2018 RK24
I am a new RK owner just purchased the tractor couple of weeks ago. I have used the FEL with auto throttle and in moving the tractor from location to location works great. I know I will use the manual throttle for implements needing the PTO. However will I need to use the Auto or manual throttle while using the BOH? I have looked over the operator's manual and did not see any info on this subject nor any info that came with the backhoe attachment? Thanks for any info.

/ RK24 question about the auto throttle when using the BOH? #2  
Good question. It wont be auto throttle but it would have been nice to have some guidance as to what rpm. I think I it's mostly preference in the case of the backhoe though. It will operate slower at slower rpm I imagine there is a recommended lowest and highest rpm that they dont feel it's necessary to share.

/ RK24 question about the auto throttle when using the BOH?
Thanks for the reply! Still learning about this little machine and did not know if I over looked any info !!

/ RK24 question about the auto throttle when using the BOH? #4  
This is my first tractor as well. Ive got about 90 hours on it. I'm pretty sure the auto throttle only works for driving the tractor. Learned by doing since it's not in the manual. If your sitting still and using the FEL you'll want to manually engage the throttle or it will move very slow and be less effective. As for the backhoe I only installed it a week ago so I've only used it to mount and unmount it but I've done some digging to answer new owner/missing manual questions like this. Been thinking maybe I should start a thread just for owners to share what they have discovered which is missing from the manual. (How to install a new RK backhoe with no installation manual provided, filter part #'s not in manual or on the filters, What type/brand fluids, how does the auto throttle work exactly. How does the rear hydro lever operate and detents) Pretty endless list of missing things. Some things more experienced folks will know or assume but that's no excuse for selling the tractors without this information.

This is my first tractor as well. Ive got about 90 hours on it. I'm pretty sure the auto throttle only works for driving the tractor. Learned by doing since it's not in the manual. If your sitting still and using the FEL you'll want to manually engage the throttle or it will move very slow and be less effective. As for the backhoe I only installed it a week ago so I've only used it to mount and unmount it but I've done some digging to answer new owner/missing manual questions like this. Been thinking maybe I should start a thread just for owners to share what they have discovered which is missing from the manual. (How to install a new RK backhoe with no installation manual provided, filter part #'s not in manual or on the filters, What type/brand fluids, how does the auto throttle work exactly. How does the rear hydro lever operate and detents) Pretty endless list of missing things. Some things more experienced folks will know or assume but that's no excuse for selling the tractors without this information.

Yes, that would be very useful a thread addressing all the info that is not listed in the OM. I have not even installed or uninstalled the BOH attachment , this will be learning process. I was told too turn off engine after setting the BOH and outriggers on the ground and after pulling mounting pins use controls to remove BOH from Subframe then make sure after you turn engine off too move the FEL lever in all directions to take the pressure off of the hose's. Does this sound correct? Thanks for all the info!!

/ RK24 question about the auto throttle when using the BOH? #6  
Yes, that would be very useful a thread addressing all the info that is not listed in the OM. I have not even installed or uninstalled the BOH attachment , this will be learning process. I was told too turn off engine after setting the BOH and outriggers on the ground and after pulling mounting pins use controls to remove BOH from Subframe then make sure after you turn engine off too move the FEL lever in all directions to take the pressure off of the hose's. Does this sound correct? Thanks for all the info!!
You got it. Best to find a level spot. Use backhoe bucket along with outriggers to take pressure off the frame. Pull 2 pins and slowly dive away until the subframe disconnects but not too far that it pulls on the connected hydro. Then shut it off and move FEL in all directions to relive hydro pressure. Disconnect the hydro lines and drive away. Drive straight until you clear the subframe. If your are hooking something up to 3 point you will need to move the rear hydro lever to the center position to direct hydro flow from the rear connections to the three point. On my 37 the lever is on the right of the rear seat and is the rear most lever.

When rehooking up the backhoe, you need to move this lever back to one way or the other from middle. If the backhoe isn't working/correctly flip the lever the other way. Which way depends on how you connected the cables so may not be the same direction every time. Oh and before connecting you want to again turn off and relieve pressure by moving the FEL control.

Oh and the backhoe lines can pressurize on their own with temperature change and especially in the sun making it impossible to connect. My backhoe was delivered this way. When this happens cover the nipple with a towel and lightly tap it head on with a hammer or other blunt object to relieve the pressure.

Last edited:
You got it. Best to find a level spot. Use backhoe bucket along with outriggers to take pressure off the frame. Pull 2 pins and slowly dive away until the subframe disconnects but not too far that it pulls on the connected hydro. Then shut it off and move FEL in all directions to relive hydro pressure. Disconnect the hydro lines and drive away. Drive straight until you clear the subframe. If your are hooking something up to 3 point you will need to move the rear hydro lever to the center position to direct hydro flow from the rear connections to the three point. On my 37 the lever is on the right of the rear seat and is the rear most lever.

When rehooking up the backhoe, you need to move this lever back to one way or the other from middle. If the backhoe isn't working/correctly flip the lever the other way. Which way depends on how you connected the cables so may not be the same direction every time. Oh and before connecting you want to again turn off and relieve pressure by moving the FEL control.

Oh and the backhoe lines can pressurize on their own with temperature change and especially in the sun making it impossible to connect. My backhoe was delivered this way. When this happens cover the nipple with a towel and lightly tap it head on with a hammer or other blunt object to relieve the pressure.

Great info!! Also after removing the BOH will I need too hookup any Hydro hose on the back of the tractor too keep the Hydro oil completing it's path?

/ RK24 question about the auto throttle when using the BOH? #8  
Great info!! Also after removing the BOH will I need too hookup any Hydro hose on the back of the tractor too keep the Hydro oil completing it's path?
No, these tractors dont come with that when they ship without the backhoe. I know what you are referring to which I saw in a different tractor video but not needed for RK.

No, these tractors dont come with that when they ship without the backhoe. I know what you are referring to which I saw in a different tractor video but not needed for RK.

I didn't thank the RK needed it, just was not for sure and once again no info in the OM. Thanks