RK 19 Mid-3Pt question and 50hr service video.

/ RK 19 Mid-3Pt question and 50hr service video. #1  

astrodiver

Tractor
RK 19 JD LA105 My nieghbor says I have small equipment
Hi folks, my first post on this forum but I have been following for over a year.

So at around ~45 hrs I noticed that the Mid-3pt was resisting going up and down but as the
tractor warmed up it was easy as usual. By 58hrs i needed to force it, and now at 70hrs it won't move at all.
I have already tried adjusting the flow/adjust rate knob many times and it does not seem to make a difference.

The "rock lever"? does not seem to be obstructed and I've recently noticed that the 4wd will also not move to 2wd.
Before I tear this thing apart does anyone have any ideas?

I would like to add to this forum by sending a link to a 50hr service I performed on the RK19.
I posted this to Youtube and understand several mistakes I made but I have provided part#'s and capacity's and
tools needed that my be helpful to other forum members. any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Astro

/ RK 19 Mid-3Pt question and 50hr service video. #2  
Thank you for the video. Just did the 50 hour service on my RK24 and how you handled the sight glass on the hydraulic fluid level was helpful. About your control problems is there a reason it’s not covered under the warranty? Good luck with it. Mine has been trouble free except for loose bolts and the front end loader control falling apart. Thanks again!

/ RK 19 Mid-3Pt question and 50hr service video.
Thanks Jim. I didn't realize it at first but the hydraulic fluid was over full before I started the service. I learned that the sight glass
has a silver white background, I hear some people ad dye to make it more visible. I suppose the mid may be covered by warranty
but I would have to rent a trailer, spend 1/2 a day getting it there then do it again another day when it's done. I'm trying to figure it
out on my own. BTW my loader control also likes to rattle it's way apart! lol

So I took off the seat assembly to gain better access. Where the lever goes into the valve body there is a 12mm bolt that holds
a tab that goes between the shaft and the valve body. I took the tab off and noticed rust where the shaft enters the valve body. I assume there
is some sort of metal bushing/seal in the valve body, so I've sprayed it with penetrating lube. Still no movement yet but i'll give it time to do it's thing.

Attachments

• IMG_0717.JPG
    IMG_0717.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0722.JPG
    IMG_0722.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0723.JPG
    IMG_0723.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 62
Still no movement. The schematics show an o-ring so I won't be hitting it with heat, so guess the valve assembly is coming apart.
cv.png

Success!! So before I tore it apart and declared War on Korea, I decided as a last ditch effort to warm up
the tractor by running it a 1/2 hr. then put vice grips on the shaft and pull back and forth with the lever arm.
It moved a little then a bit more! After 15 minutes of spraying and rocking it freed up! I will be keeping
a coat of grease over that pivot point in the future.

Attachments

• IMG_0727.JPG
    IMG_0727.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 66