3-Point Hitch removal of the 3 point hitch

/ removal of the 3 point hitch #1  

kartvines

Need to remove the 3 point hitch from my John Deere 770 so I can attach the #7 back hoe attachment. I had no problem taking the upper part apart, but once I remove the pins from the lower arms, I could not figure how to remove them. They don't seem to slide off the shaft. Do I have to unbolt the whole assembly form the tractor. There must be something I am missing, feed back welcomed.

/ removal of the 3 point hitch #2  
In doing my 50 hour service, I had to remove that lower arm long pin to extract the hydraulic filter. Did this by removing one of the rear tires and wheel. On my 4010, this wasn't that tough. A floor jack underneath the drawbar plate lifted the wheel. My Farmhand air impact wrench got the bolts off and back on (2nd setting on it gave about the right torque). The 4010 filled tire and wheel aren't that heavy. I made sure that I proped it where it couldn't fall over though.

Ralph

/ removal of the 3 point hitch #3  
I'm not sure I understand the specific problem, but I think you will find that the pins the link arms are set in slide out to the side far enough so that the gap leaves you enough room to remove the 3pt elements without removing the those main pins themselves. At least that's how it works on my 4110.

Is this what you mean?

Cliff

/ removal of the 3 point hitch
Well I got the 3 point hitch removed, it was a real chore, had to remove both wheel and tire, unbolt a couple brackets, and lower the arm that held the back hoe locking slots, but at lease that chore is completed, and I got the back hoe on, now a new problem the inner lock the one just inside the wheels will not stay close, every time move the back hoe arm it forces the bar out of its holder. I tried many times to keep the locks closed with no result. I never plan on removing the backhoe attachment, so now I am thinking I can have someone tack weld the lock closed to keep the backhoe in place.