Rear Finish Mower Recs for new trailmower that's not Swisher

/ Recs for new trailmower that's not Swisher #1  

AppleMan

Tractor
JD 2305, JD 850, 1951 Farmall
My old Swisher 66 trailmower is now dead. I had a good run with it, but it was fickle and I wasn't a big fan of all the repairs from things that shouldn't have broken (including the welds). Now I need a new trailmower for my orchard. I cut about 12 acres every other week with the trailmower attached to my JD2305 with a 60-inch mid-mount on the JD's belly. I'm not looking for a golf course manicure but I don't want a rough cut either. The tallest the grass gets between cuttings is usually 6 inches sometimes a little longer during wet periods. I was looking at the DR's but don't know anyone who has one. Or if anyone had one that they liked. I'm looking for one with it's own engine (not PTO driven). Any suggestions are much appreciated.

/ Recs for new trailmower that's not Swisher #2  
Seems your either looking at another swisher or the like mower for what your trying to cut in terms of length. Things like rotary cutter, flail mowers or sickle mowers are meant for knocking down tall grasses or worse to a height just shy of what you're trying to cut at it peak anyhow.

I have a 60" swisher mower that 15 years old with a Honda motor that starts on the second pull on its worst day. The breaks and bends in it are the result of hooking it on something like a stump which is user error and there aren't machines out there that would survive otherwise anyhow that cut that finely. The bigger the machine pulling it the more damage gets done. I can weld so I just clean it up, fix my stupidity, give 'r a pull and away I go again.

If you can tolerate a bit less refined cut and want more durability I would suggest looking for a flail mower. If you need to mow outside of the tractor width they make some with offset features. They are PTO powered items. Screenshot_20200427-154436.jpg

/ Recs for new trailmower that's not Swisher #3  
Northern Tool also offers mowers with Honda engine.

/ Recs for new trailmower that's not Swisher
Thanks much. My Swisher was about the same age. I'm pretty sure mine was lemon off the line. It definitely does make a nice cut when it's running, but so many little things gave out on it from the get-go. It looks like I may have to go that route and hope that the new one is as good as yours.