Rear Work Light Wiring 4720 Cab

/ Rear Work Light Wiring 4720 Cab #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
The rear work lights on my 4720 are out. Fuse is good as is the relay. Anyone have a wiring diagram that shows the wiring path from fuse/Relay block?? Appreciate any suggestions.

/ Rear Work Light Wiring 4720 Cab #2  
from what I can see follow wire 147 purple to connector x17. then it becomes 147A that's purple in the cab itself to the rear work light. here are pictures of the schematics

Attachments

• 20230115_143751.jpg
    20230115_143751.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 74
  • 20230115_143810.jpg
    20230115_143810.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 71
  • 20230115_143818.jpg
    20230115_143818.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 68
  • 20230115_144005.jpg
    20230115_144005.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 69
   / Rear Work Light Wiring 4720 Cab
Hoss, 5030
Thx guys for your response. Schematic a big help. As for corrosion, given this thing has always been under cover I think that is a lesser....than mice in the barn:unsure:

/ Rear Work Light Wiring 4720 Cab #5  
Connectors corrode just like battery terminals do Where I'd look first. The alloy connections can and will become high resistance connections after a time. Had that happen to ne. I cleaned them and applied electric grease to each of them.

Guys, I am having trouble accessing siote. When I bring it up I get a reference to you tube...and a very small screen. If anyone gets this, is site working normally and if so then I guess I have a problem on my end

/ Rear Work Light Wiring 4720 Cab #7  
Guys, I am having trouble accessing siote. When I bring it up I get a reference to you tube...and a very small screen. If anyone gets this, is site working normally and if so then I guess I have a problem on my end
Are you referring to the schematics I posted?

Are you referring to the schematics I posted?
Hoss,
I got them thx but when I log on I get the website with a big you tube blurb in main body I have to get to threads in a round about way and then everything shows up in small print

But in any case your first schem shows the work light as a separate switch. I'm not good with electric drawings but my "switch is integral with a single swithc on dash. Inn any case 4 screws hold the dash cover on so I'm going to pull that and see if the purple wire lead is hot.
stay tuned. thx

/ Rear Work Light Wiring 4720 Cab #9  
Hoss,
I got them thx but when I log on I get the website with a big you tube blurb in main body I have to get to threads in a round about way and then everything shows up in small print

But in any case your first schem shows the work light as a separate switch. I'm not good with electric drawings but my "switch is integral with a single swithc on dash. Inn any case 4 screws hold the dash cover on so I'm going to pull that and see if the purple wire lead is hot.
stay tuned. thx
I would have started at the bulb and worked back myself.

Well guys if TBN has an award for "dumb A.. of year I win. I pulled switch and confirmed switch not issue-rear work light lead was hot-and by the way front work lights worked. I then happened to notice on right consul the rear work light switch was "Off"!. I have always left that on as those lights come on with dash switch for all lights ex flashers. My guess is I put heavy gloves on top of switch and managed to turn it off.

In any case thx for responses and in particular Hoss for schematics..good to have.