Rake Ratchet Rake size

/ Ratchet Rake size #1  

raybender

Tractor
Yanmar YT359 ROPS
I am planning buying a Ratchet Rake for my 72" FEL on a 59 HP Yanmar YT359 and looking for advice whether to get the 68" or 72" rake.
My initial use will be to clean out grapevines and shrubs out of our long neglected hayfield hedgerows as well as doing some trail clearing and scraping/grading.

I would appreciate hearing from others whether to get a 72" (full width) or 68" Ratchet Rake.

/ Ratchet Rake size #2  
I have a 72" bucket and bought on of those 2 at TSC 2 years ago. I seem to recall there was a HUGE price difference between the 72 and 68.

Get the cheaper one (As in $100 difference in my case). The loss of 2 inches on each side will hardly b noticeable. Besides, you can shift the rake to one side if that's what you need and you could also add t more teeth to the bar with an extension. You might search the forum for a thread where someone announced that TSC had one size marked down quite a bit.

Most of my use is centered in the middle of the bucket anyways. I even use it to extend the bucket lip for lifting things like sliding barn doors, concrete slabs and even a windmill tower.

/ Ratchet Rake size
Thanks for the reply. Very useful information.

/ Ratchet Rake size #4  
I made mine for about 300 Canadian dollars , great for clearing brush. I put a hook on each end which extends it about 6 to 8 inches out on each side . Hook is used when in reverse .

/ Ratchet Rake size #5  
I have the 72" on my Case 485(54hp). It sticks out a few inches on each side of the bucket which helps me to see where I am at when touching up and making things look good. My tractor does not offer a great view as some of the newer ones. The 72" is also made with 5/8" thick steel vs. 1/2" on the 68". I have beat the snot of my RR and its the best piece of equipment I use on the tractor. When the cable breaks and it will eventually, replace it with chain. Good luck on your decision, it really opens up the FEL for many jobs you cant do without one.