Rail roads and their tracks.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,671  
The skid had an enclosed cab and he probably had the stereo on and the heater blower too. I bet he never heard it and if he did, what could he do anyway except get on his radio and call the boss.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,672  
When the brakes hoses get released for whatever reason, then the entire trains brakes would then be "dynamited" which throws them on 100%. This is a safety feature of trains. Even if that didn't happen, the cars derailing in the front would slow, compressing the train and we'd hear the smacking of couplers. Wind rarely blows trains off the tracks. I'm not a modeler but I'd guess its 150% different than real ones.
If you listen, there was some noise just before they derailed. Seems as though that particular spot / area has it's share of derailments.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,673  
At 50 seconds you can hear the skid steer hydraulics near the camera. Then he just drives down there, does his drifty turn right towards the wreck and doesn't even notice it. Still amazing. :ROFLMAO:

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,674  
At 50 seconds you can hear the skid steer hydraulics near the camera. Then he just drives down there, does his drifty turn right towards the wreck and doesn't even notice it. Still amazing. :ROFLMAO:
Hahahahahahahahahaha :ROFLMAO:
100’ Rail cars piled up like a pile of sticks….. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,675  
The bang before the derailment sounded to me like a bad cushion drawbar collapsing instead of working as it should and it caused a good amount of slack "run in" maybe the engineman used the independent brake. But empty bulkheads can't absorb slack action when being pushed by shorter loaded cars into loads ahead of them especially on a curve. The same thing happened at Altoona on the Horseshoe curve which was also caught by the camera's

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,677  
How in 1886, RR gauge width in the States was changed and became standardized.
The History Guy is a great YouTube channel. He's got a lot of very interesting videos many of you should enjoy or, at least, find interesting (like the one ArlyA linked to)

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,678  
Very interesting.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Skid Steer Tracks (A32908)
Skid Steer Tracks...
2021 Grand Design Solitude 390rk RV Trailer (A33544)
2021 Grand Design...
fork extension skid steer attachment (A32932)
fork extension...
Case IH Puma 165 (A33526)
Case IH Puma 165...
John Deere 450C Track Loader w/Winch S/N 450CA-356737, 3997 Hrs. (A33349)
John Deere 450C...
Renaldo GVB-21520-BW Twin Vacuum Planter (A33526)
Renaldo...