Radiator protection ideas

/ Radiator protection ideas #1  

EOD Retired

Tractor
Yanmar SA 425
I recently added a grapple to my SA 425 mainly to move fairly large logs but will also be grabbing brush as I clear some land. I am going to fabricate some kind of grill guard to help protect my battery and radiator. I'm interested in seeing what others have added to their tractor front end for this purpose. Please post pictures of what you fabricated. I hate creating something and then later see a better design that's easier to fab, more functional, or prettier. (prettier????). Well, no duct tape applications, ok? Thanks ahead of time.

/ Radiator protection ideas #2  
Here's mine. At the top of this page click on search then type in grill guard and click search. There are many threads that will come up for others guards.
DSCN1454 (Large).JPG
DSCN1465 (Large).JPG
DSCN1473 (Large).JPG

/ Radiator protection ideas
Looks very functional and good looking as well. It's kinda what I was thinking. My existing frame isn't as big so I may modify it first. Thanks for the great pics.

/ Radiator protection ideas #4  
I recently added a grapple to my SA 425 mainly to move fairly large logs but will also be grabbing brush as I clear some land. I am going to fabricate some kind of grill guard to help protect my battery and radiator. I'm interested in seeing what others have added to their tractor front end for this purpose. Please post pictures of what you fabricated. I hate creating something and then later see a better design that's easier to fab, more functional, or prettier. (prettier????). Well, no duct tape applications, ok? Thanks ahead of time.
OEM grille guard
Lowes has steel mesh..

Attachments

• 221F2E85-63DB-48C9-A12C-41033A9D1D41.jpeg
    221F2E85-63DB-48C9-A12C-41033A9D1D41.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 91
  • 880B7C85-84CD-4CD9-9E05-012FD8B053AA.jpeg
    880B7C85-84CD-4CD9-9E05-012FD8B053AA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 92
   / Radiator protection ideas #5  
Here is mine on a Kubota L2501. The OEM guard narrows at the bottom. I welded some 1 1/2" wide wings to the OEM guard on each side to widen the guard. Hard to see the extension wings in the picture because they are painted black.

This job is far easier if you take the guard off the tractor and put it on a welding table.