R4944HST PTO Not Working

/ R4944HST PTO Not Working #1  

riderpriderking

Tractor
Montana R4944HST
Hi there, I've got a Montana R4933HST tractor which is an LS 4020. The PTO used to work ok, then one day it wouldn't shut off. I learned if I tapped the solenoid with a screw driver then it would shut off. Last night I used it to do some rototilling for a couple minutes and it shut off fine but when I went to rototill today it wouldn't engage. I pulled the solenoid out and applied 12V to it on the bench and the valve clicked open and closed. So I sprayed it out a bit and reinstalled and it still wont engage.

When it's on the tractor, and the switch to the PTO is on there is a magnetic field on the solenoid so some power is getting to the valve. I was hoping the valve was just stuck but it seemed to work ok on the bench, or maybe it's just weak. Any suggestions on what to do? I'll probably pull it off again tomorrow and test it on the tractor but not with the tractor running. The part number is 40007701 but it's quite expensive.

Thanks for your help.

/ R4944HST PTO Not Working
Well, it did end up being the solenoid valve. When I looked at it and tested it everything seemed fine but when the valve was taken apart, there was a piece of debris inside that was causing it not to get the proper pressure. It should give about 215 psi to activate the pto.

/ R4944HST PTO Not Working
Well that lasted for only a few minutes and it went back to the same old. It's not getting enough pressure but when I dead head the rear hydraulics or raise the 3 pt then for that brief period of time it will disengage the clutch and work properly. I've got it drained and all apart to clean it and I haven't found any debris but we'll see. I'll probably start a new thread in the hydraulics section so I get some more traffic.