Question for Power Trac 400 owners

/ Question for Power Trac 400 owners #1  

kcook

Platinum Member
Tractor
Cub Lawn Tractor
I had a question about changing the hydraulic oil.

How often do you change it?

How do you change it, 10 gallons is alot of oil, most oil drain pans don't hold any were near that much oil?

KCook

/ Question for Power Trac 400 owners #2  
<font color=red>How often do you change it?</font color=red>

The impression I got from Power Trac was "when it gets dirty" which is basically never if you keep it clean. Apparently it being motor oil it doesn't require changing like hydraulic oil does.

/ Question for Power Trac 400 owners #3  
I asked Power Trac when I purchased my tractor and they said not to change it unless it gets dirty wich may never happpen. This conversation came up when I asked about changing my hydralic fluid to synthetic at the next scheduled change.
PTRich

/ Question for Power Trac 400 owners #4  
That's the same answer I got. So, do any of you plan on changing the hydraulic fluid to synthetic any time soon?

/ Question for Power Trac 400 owners
When you do please let me and all of us know!

KCook

/ Question for Power Trac 400 owners #6  
after my fiasco with my stump grinder i moved to mobil one for both: the engine and the hydraulics. kohler for the same engine lets us on the zturn exmark change the oil every 100 hours.

/ Question for Power Trac 400 owners
bubenberg, did you have problems with changing 10 gallons of oil in the hydraulic system?

KCook

/ Question for Power Trac 400 owners #8  
no, i lost most of it through the stump grinder main seal on one job. so i filled it up from the top under the seat. did not like to do it ...was allot of money ....but i wanted to drive that thing again.