Question about return filters

/ Question about return filters #1  

doc70

Tractor
Kubota L3301
Just got my ht-18 on Tuesday and before I put too many hours on it I want to add a return filter and change out the mystery oil that came with it. What pressure relief do I get with the filter housing? and what micron filter?

/ Question about return filters #2  
If return line filter they typically have a built-in by pass valve typically in the 25 - 30 PSI range.

Micron kind of depends on components and pressures but common size is 10 micron. Size this filter large enough for cool weather and cylinder ratios so probably 25 - 30% larger than pump flows.

I would also get some form of plugged filter indicator, mechanical pop up if filter is visible or electric and put light on console.

/ Question about return filters
Thanks for the reply, Generally I was seeing 5psi housings with 25 micron filters and 25psi with 10 micron. so, 25psi bypass with 10 micron and a gauge.

/ Question about return filters #4  
Thanks for the reply, Generally I was seeing 5psi housings with 25 micron filters and 25psi with 10 micron. so, 25psi bypass with 10 micron and a gauge.
I put a temperature sender on one of the ports on my return housing so I can keep an eye on hydraulic oil temperature while inside the cab.

/ Question about return filters
That sounds like a much better idea than just a gauge at the block. Already a lot of work to come to a machine that hasn't seen it's first full Hr. I am also going to flush the cooling system and change the oil asap.