PT425 8hr maintenance pictures

/ PT425 8hr maintenance pictures #11  
MossRoad, is there any way that this can be done via TBN? If we could consolidate into a special PT forum for this information that would really save time jumping around and keep everyone at TBN. Not sure if this would work but I like the idea of building another reason for people to use TBN.
You guys are the computer experts so will go any way that you decide and will help in any way I can.
PJ

/ PT425 8hr maintenance pictures #12  
Your petition sound like a very democratic suggestion. But remember, bubenberg only gets one vote.

/ PT425 8hr maintenance pictures
Well, that would be up to the owners of this site /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

There's 2 kinds of web space:

The first is for parking files(which I have available to me) for viewing by anybody. I can upload web pages and graphics and links and so on...that anybody can look at, but cannot make changes to, add data to or interact with because that requires a CPU to act on data that the viewer submits, ie... requests for data, searches, posts, etc...

The second type of web space(which a database would need) requires the use of a CPU to act on requests from the user, to run scripts, process data input from forms, serve searches and so on.

I doubt that TBN would supply us with web space and allow us to use their server power to run our own database, especially with our limitted number of (very vocal) members/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Power Trac should look into supplying their customers with at least a basic maintenance procedure section on their web site. But I doubt that they will ever post schematics of their machines as that could lead to easy industrial espionage by other companies that are impressed with their stuff.

So, until we find somewhere that allows their CPU power to be used by us for our own database, we are limitted to pictures and links, unless I can figure out how to join yahoo and see what has already been put up there. I can't seem to join, as it keeps asking me for more information than I want to give out.

TBN is excellent, expecially when considering it is totally free /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. That's why I chose to post all those photos to my pesonal web site and link to TBN. I didn't want to take advantage of our most gracious host.

I'll keep posting photos of my experiences with my PT425 until I run out of space. Then I might have to archive some of the older ones... or get more web space /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Now I have to go to bed. My 4 year old starts pre-school tomorrow morning and will be very excited early in the morning /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif. She'll be up at the crack of dawn!

/ PT425 8hr maintenance pictures #14  
are we now discriminating against ogly old men?

/ PT425 8hr maintenance pictures #15  
MossRoad,
Thanks for the update; it would appear that for the short term you would be logical person to put together updates in your personal web page. It is totally unfair to ask this of you but I see no other way to get this material out to other TBN'ers. I can’t thank you enough for all the great work you have done with your web site. As Hans has mentioned, this is the type of information we need for PT owners.
Not being interactive may be a good point so that material will flow to you for insertion in a format that remains consistent. Also information can not be moved or changed without going through the webmaster. If cost were a consideration for CPU space I for one would be happy to throw in some money to help out (yearly fee?).
PowerTrac would have a great advantage if they allowed this via there CPU. I go from TBN to your home site and PowerTrac on a regular basis so that would not be a problem.
For the long run my preference would be to have a permanent site for all TBN’ers to use and enjoy. Without local dealer assistance this site would be valuable resource for maintenance and general information. TBN is a great place but finding the thread you read 5 months ago could be frustrating.
PJ

/ PT425 8hr maintenance pictures #16  
mr. m.r. well thought throu process again, thanks for your inputs and pointers. as pt is slow in comming up with a fence post tamper for pt400 we have been looking for other ways to get our fence attachment. there are some capabilities out there with boosters for smaller machines that would fit our models bill.

i am not going off a tangent here, i am only demonstrating that other makers of attachments are posting great detail of design and capailities on the net. just food for contemplation.

/ PT425 8hr maintenance pictures
Any posts that I might want to come back to I add to my favorites under my control panel here at TBN. The search function works pretty well, but you are correct.. sometimes you have to dig for it, but you can usually find it.

That's one of the reasons I started documenting stuff on my web site, so I could remember how to do stuff later on down the road /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif.

/ PT425 8hr maintenance pictures #19  
i am just about ready to talk to chris ashbury now but all you guys burning midnight and early morning oil gives me more positive points to present to chris and kristy at pt. thanks to everyone ...great work

hrl