PT Virus?

/ PT Virus? #1  

Carpenter

Silver Member
Tractor
PT425, Kubota L39 TLB
Is it just me, or does it seem as if there is a PT flu going around? Leaking batteries, intermittent fans, misbehaving joysticks; what next? Well let me tell ya:

I had ten yards of pea-gravel delivered this morning. I had the driver dump it in the middle of the alley, behind the residence I was working on. The pile completely blocked the alley, but I figured I'd have it all moved and leveled in an hour or two. The one thing I hadn't counted on, though, was Murpy's Law. I jumped on the 425 and started hauling through a 52" gate. I'd only moved four bucket loads, when I noticed an oil trail from the pile to the gate. Looking down I saw that my right foot was also covered in oil, and that the footwells were "very well lubricated"! I uttered some choice words,wiped off my shoe, went home, called Don at PT, went back to the job, tightened the plug on the valve, moved 10 yds. of gravel and went home.....Murphy be damned!

Seems like most of us have been mostly trouble-free, until recently. Must be a virus. If you don't buy that; you might want to check and see if the plug on the bottom left of your Lift/Tilt valve is tight. BTW, it takes a 5/16 allen wrench. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ PT Virus? #2  
Perhaps you could compare serial numbers with marrt, both of your machines are fairly new and you both seem to be having "quality control" problems that the rest of us did not have. Maybe they had a bad day at the factory?

/ PT Virus? #3  
Oh please don't say that. I'm probably in the same batch and I'm trouble free so far (knock on wood) /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Well I lie slightly. I have a slow left tire leak /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ PT Virus?
Rich, Actually, I've had mine for over a year; and it's been fairly trouble free. Heck, even the problems I've had of late, have been fairly minor. I'm not posting to complain; I just thought it was funny how things always happen at the most inoportune times.

/ PT Virus?
Chris, Don't worry; I hear the flu is confined to machines owned by those who either live or used to live in Virginia. I was raised in Roanoke, but you're probably safe in Texas. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ PT Virus? #6  
Has PT virus struck ? In over 2 years of ownership I have had my first problem with my pt422. Friday while my wife was mowing I noticed the tire on the mower was not inflated , I inflated it up to about twenty lbs. could not find any leaks, and finished mowing. Saturday checked the tire again, flat again, inflated it checked for leaks again, but with soapy water, found several places around the seal with the rim where it was leaking, let the air out and put some sealer in the tire and checked it today still full of air, problem solved I hope. I run as little air in the mower tires as I think I can get away with because of my rough ground , guess I may have to increase tire pressure a little. I guess it was not the pt virus afterall just my low tire pressure.

/ PT Virus? #7  
I had a slow front left tire leak which I would have to pump up every two days or so. Put in the Slime tire sealant in the two front tires and it seems to have taken hold....

BTW, my max tire pressure is 10PSI for the turfs (that's what the tires say anyway).... You got turfs or do the bars take more pressure?