Price Check Price for my nearly new 1529 with L100 loader and 60" MMM

/ Price for my nearly new 1529 with L100 loader and 60" MMM #1  

WoodfordSippin

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1529
Hello All,

As I posted in the new member section last July my wife and I bought a new 1529 hydro with L100 Loader and 60" MMM. Our plans have changed and we are now looking at downsizing to the GC1705 which will be better suited to our current and near term(5-7 year) needs as the 1529 is significant overkill and ties up a lot of cash that could be used for other things on our current path. Neither of the dealers in our area seem interested in given me cash and and a GC1705 for my 1529 so I am going to try to sell it outright.

My questions for you experts are what is a reasonable price for my setup given it is nearly new(less than 5 hours) and the mmm has never been used and what other options would you suggest for selling aside from craigslist? In our area(central MO) the comparable new models of 1726E sells for around $16,900 with loader and the 1734E sells for around $18,500 with loader.

I posted on craigslist at $19,900 and have gotten no nibbles so I reduced to $18,750 which I think is a reasonable price for the package and new condition, but this was my first tractor purchase and thus my first "used" tractor sale and any input you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

/ Price for my nearly new 1529 with L100 loader and 60" MMM #2  
Hello All,

As I posted in the new member section last July my wife and I bought a new 1529 hydro with L100 Loader and 60" MMM. Our plans have changed and we are now looking at downsizing to the GC1705 which will be better suited to our current and near term(5-7 year) needs as the 1529 is significant overkill and ties up a lot of cash that could be used for other things on our current path. Neither of the dealers in our area seem interested in given me cash and and a GC1705 for my 1529 so I am going to try to sell it outright.

My questions for you experts are what is a reasonable price for my setup given it is nearly new(less than 5 hours) and the mmm has never been used and what other options would you suggest for selling aside from craigslist? In our area(central MO) the comparable new models of 1726E sells for around $16,900 with loader and the 1734E sells for around $18,500 with loader.

I posted on craigslist at $19,900 and have gotten no nibbles so I reduced to $18,750 which I think is a reasonable price for the package and new condition, but this was my first tractor purchase and thus my first "used" tractor sale and any input you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

The biggest problem you will be facing is competing with "new" financing rates. More people seem to finance than purchase outright these days, and financing a new machine offers a better rate, especially since you will be asking "near new" pricing for yours.

You might try listing it on eBay for more exposure, and be prepared to either be patient, or accept less than you want for a quicker sale.

If you financed it, you might also check if the finance company allows payment transfers... That is, someone assumes the loan, payment & terms. That's might be a selling point. Also, when selling, brag about the low hours, warranty, how much less this one is than "new"... And that this one is a tier 3, with lower long term costs and complications.

Good luck.

/ Price for my nearly new 1529 with L100 loader and 60" MMM
TSO,

Thanks for the input. I should definitely mention the Tier III vs. Tier IV as I hadn't thought about that.

/ Price for my nearly new 1529 with L100 loader and 60" MMM #4  
That engine might be your saving grace. That, there is someone that prefers a basically new tractor with the Tier III engine. I tried to sell a prestine, very little used JD CUT years ago and had a heck of a time. I had even bought it at a promotional price and you would have thought that would have put me slightly ahead in the numbers game. I had a really nice front mount blower that I bought at auction for a third of the JD price and STILL, I wasn't getting any response. Finally, I sold it to a neighbour for his business, but I ended up with a lot less then I had started asking for. Tough Lessons!

/ Price for my nearly new 1529 with L100 loader and 60" MMM #5  
If you were closer, I'd make deal with you for my GC2400! I'd love to go up in size. Good luck with the sale.

/ Price for my nearly new 1529 with L100 loader and 60" MMM
Too bad we are not a little closer. I'd be happy with the GC2400. Good luck with your upgrade.