Price Check Price check on a L3301

/ Price check on a L3301 #1  

xlpns

Tractor
Ford 8N
Hello, new to the forum. Currently looking at a L3301 in North Florida or South Georgia. I was quoted by one dealer at $22,973.80 total for a 4wd, HST, FEL, R1 tires 3301 Tractor. Never bought a new tractor. Can I negotiate at all? Is this price reasonable? It's been difficult to find comparisons. Thanks in advance!

Insurance - $1617
Tractor - $20,100

/ Price check on a L3301 #2  
:welcome:
To the TBN forum.

Did you go online and build the model you wanted to see what the MSRP was? Once you have that then you can expect about a 10% savings at the dealer.

You can always make him an offer and see if he will take it or make you another offer.

/ Price check on a L3301 #3  
Hello, new to the forum. Currently looking at a L3301 in North Florida or South Georgia. I was quoted by one dealer at $22,973.80 total for a 4wd, HST, FEL, R1 tires 3301 Tractor. Never bought a new tractor. Can I negotiate at all? Is this price reasonable? It's been difficult to find comparisons. Thanks in advance!

Insurance - $1617
Tractor - $20,100

That is a decent price on the tractor. Usually worth it to pay the extra and get the 3901. If you pay cash, you can pay that insurance over time at a cheaper rate

/ Price check on a L3301 #4  
Yea, there are advantages to either buying the L2501 or the L3901, lack of emissions equipment and its associated cost and complexity with the L2501, and the most horsepower in the frame size with the L3901. The L3301 has both the emissions equipment and lower hp, but it’s still a great tractor.

/ Price check on a L3301
:welcome:
To the TBN forum.

Did you go online and build the model you wanted to see what the MSRP was? Once you have that then you can expect about a 10% savings at the dealer.

You can always make him an offer and see if he will take it or make you another offer.

I did and it came out $24,xxx. Thanks!

That is a decent price on the tractor. Usually worth it to pay the extra and get the 3901. If you pay cash, you can pay that insurance over time at a cheaper rate

They are the same tractor aside from tuning? I dont see the need to spend $2500 more for a few HP. Going to look into it some more though. thanks

Yea, there are advantages to either buying the L2501 or the L3901, lack of emissions equipment and its associated cost and complexity with the L2501, and the most horsepower in the frame size with the L3901. The L3301 has both the emissions equipment and lower hp, but it痴 still a great tractor.

Like i mentioned above on the 3301 and 3901, same tractor, same engine. just a few more hp? thanks for the input.

/ Price check on a L3301 #6  
I did and it came out $24,xxx. Thanks!

They are the same tractor aside from tuning? I dont see the need to spend $2500 more for a few HP. Going to look into it some more though. thanks

Like i mentioned above on the 3301 and 3901, same tractor, same engine. just a few more hp? thanks for the input.

Yep, pretty much the same except for a few horsepower. The L2501 with gear transmission has a non-live PTO similar to our 8N’s, step on the clutch and the PTO stops. The HST versions you can maneuver without stopping the PTO.

/ Price check on a L3301 #7  
I received quotes today on l3301 i3901. Wanted price on gear and r1 tires got price on hydro and r4 tires. 3301 cash 21038 finance price 23138. the 3901 cash 23049 finance 25149. If I remember right gear is about 1000-1200 cheaper. Nice tractors but am lookin real hard at massy 1736,cheaper price but more features.

/ Price check on a L3301 #8  
The L2501, L3301 & L3901 are all the same frame & weight. Different HP, emissions & minor transmission. Functionally none of the transmissions PTO differences really matter if it's a HST.

Weight is what makes a tractor work. HP just defines how fast it will get the job done. All 3 will pull the same plow, lift the same bucket of dirt or mow the same ground. The higher HP machines will mow a bit faster, but won't move the plow or buckets of dirt any faster.

My old L3200 is the same as the L3301 without the emissions stuff. It was a good machine. I occasionally wanted more HP to mow faster but never felt bad for not paying the extra couple grand for the L3800. I upgraded to a L4060 for a cabbed machine with more bells & whistles (at almost double the price).

/ Price check on a L3301 #9  
I did some significant research and much consideration before buying the 3301. 5ft is about the max attachment for both. No regrets. I've had bigger and smaller tractors in the past. Green and orange.
As to price. I can remember my otd price less tax-
L3301 hst
R4's loaded
front end loader
quick attach bucket
sun canopy
3rd function valve
landpride grapple
landprice med duty cutter
$23,750 delivered about 45 miles