PowerStar 75 PTO not Disengaging

/ PowerStar 75 PTO not Disengaging #1  

BRFIELDING

Tractor
New Holland PowerStar 75
I own a new holland Powerstar 75 with only 130hrs. I have an issue with PTO disengaging. Ive tried it all idle up & down. Back up pull forward. Turned tractor off. Disconnected battery. Once you work the PTO back and forth about 50 times it will finally disengage. It typically does sticks after running it for 30mins or more. New Holland put it on dyno and couldnt duplicate issue. Has anyone have had this issue? I spoke with a man that works on case tractors and he believes it could be the transmission leveler? Please comment if youve seen this this issue.

/ PowerStar 75 PTO not Disengaging #2  
My kubota does that too but only after at least 1.5 hours of mowing in hot weather. never got it fixed because I don't mow the neighbors field anymore and it is not an issue with the snowblower in the winter.

But If your PTO clutch is hydraulic I would check the pressure that is applied to it. mine was quite low and probably has caused the clutch to slip and overheat. I had the pressure adjusted to the max limit but never did get the PTO clutch pack replaced.

/ PowerStar 75 PTO not Disengaging #3  
I own a new holland Powerstar 75 with only 130hrs. I have an issue with PTO disengaging. Ive tried it all idle up & down. Back up pull forward. Turned tractor off. Disconnected battery. Once you work the PTO back and forth about 50 times it will finally disengage. It typically does sticks after running it for 30mins or more. New Holland put it on dyno and couldnt duplicate issue. Has anyone have had this issue? I spoke with a man that works on case tractors and he believes it could be the transmission leveler? Please comment if youve seen this this issue.
You haven't gotten any responses from those with this model tractor, and just guessing here, I suspect that's because it's not a common problem. It might help if you clarified which version Powerstar you have. Power shuttle? Mechanical shuttle? Single speed 540 PTO? 540E? There may be some differences between the versions in regard to internal PTO mechanisms.

As I see it the PTO clutch is part of the engine clutch assembly in all cases. It appears to be the standard two stage clutch release/throw out bearing design used on many other New Holland tractors. The external cable operates the cross shaft in the clutch housing. If all that appears to be moving properly when you work the lever, the problem pretty much is internal and will require a split for examination and repair.

/ PowerStar 75 PTO not Disengaging #4  
I don't know if this tractor is anything like my td80 but I had this issue as well. I was afraid the tractor was going to have to be split to adjust the clutch. Just for giggles I went under the tractor and put a spring on the linkage that pulls it back maybe an eighth of an inch more than the cable alone. Been fine for years.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2009 John Deere 5075M Utility Tractor (A35915)
2009 John Deere...
2008 40ft Kawasaki Container, (A35430)
2008 40ft Kawasaki...
2007 Thomas 21-Passenger Bus, (A35430)
2007 Thomas...
2022 Bobcat T76 Compact Track Loader Skid Steer (A35915)
2022 Bobcat T76...
2007 20ft Shenzhen Container, (A35430)
2007 20ft Shenzhen...
2021 John Deere 4023R Sprayer (A35465)
2021 John Deere...