Seeders please school me on seed drills

/ please school me on seed drills #1  

dirt clod

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3300, m5700, case 580se
I'm looking to get a used seed drill for pasture and wildlife management. I will be planting millet and Bahia in newly prepared beds and overseeding old Bahia fields with rye and clover. What should I look for and what should i avoid?

/ please school me on seed drills #2  
Sounds like you need no till for the over seeding and that will work for worked ground as well.

/ please school me on seed drills #3  
Go to your ASCS office and see about rent one. We sold our Great Plains no till drill last year; too darned much money to tie up and store for limited use. You might also check with neighbors to see what they use or have; some may rent them out for so much an acre planted as well.

/ please school me on seed drills #4  
you can rent them here for $10 a acre alot cheaper than owning one.

/ please school me on seed drills #5  
I own a Kasco brand Vari-Slice no till drill now for several years. It has worked great to overseed my pastures. They are expensive as others have mentioned, but maybe you can find something used. Most used drills I came across were too large for my 32HP tractor though. http://www.kascomfg.com/

/ please school me on seed drills #6  
a notill drill is what you want.an itll do everything you want it to.

/ please school me on seed drills
No till is out of my price range. Have not found any place that rents one either. Seems like John Deere made something that was in between a drill and a no till. It had spinning blades to cut opening for seed it ran off of the PTO

/ please school me on seed drills #8  
No till is out of my price range. Have not found any place that rents one either. Seems like John Deere made something that was in between a drill and a no till. It had spinning blades to cut opening for seed it ran off of the PTO

Used HOLLAND 2 Row Pull Type Tractor Vegetable Transplanter, Shipping Available items in Sweetfarmequipment store on eBay!

They are called slit seeders. We have a used Befco on Ebay in the listing above. You will also find many other seeding alternatives in this link. Ken Sweet