PLEASE HELP, NEW TRACTOR, HYDRAULIC BLOWOUT

/ PLEASE HELP, NEW TRACTOR, HYDRAULIC BLOWOUT #11  
The Solenoid is mounted to the sub plate with four socket head cap screws. Remove the screws then lift off the solenoid, there will be four o-rings between the solenoid and sub plate. One or more of them o-rings is blown, replace all four o-rings, then re-attach the sub-plate. Make sure the O-rings stay in position when tightening the solenoid.

My theory is that the socket head cap screws that hold the solenoid were not tight enough. OR one or more of the o-rings were not in the correct position when the valve was assembled. Should take you all but 1/2 hour or so to fix it yourself. Do you have one of those assorted o-ring kits? if not you might consider getting one, they can come in handy.

Good luck with your new tractor.

**it happens,

Larry

/ PLEASE HELP, NEW TRACTOR, HYDRAULIC BLOWOUT
GuglioLS said:
The Solenoid is mounted to the sub plate with four socket head cap screws. Remove the screws then lift off the solenoid, there will be four o-rings between the solenoid and sub plate. One or more of them o-rings is blown, replace all four o-rings, then re-attach the sub-plate. Make sure the O-rings stay in position when tightening the solenoid.

My theory is that the socket head cap screws that hold the solenoid were not tight enough. OR one or more of the o-rings were not in the correct position when the valve was assembled. Should take you all but 1/2 hour or so to fix it yourself. Do you have one of those assorted o-ring kits? if not you might consider getting one, they can come in handy.

Good luck with your new tractor.

**it happens,

Larry

You were precisely correct!

/ PLEASE HELP, NEW TRACTOR, HYDRAULIC BLOWOUT #13  
I'm glad your dealer made it right. When you get finished playing/working take some action shots of the beast! Is it true Kubota hyd. fluid is orange?

/ PLEASE HELP, NEW TRACTOR, HYDRAULIC BLOWOUT #14  
I think that is a very poor location for that assembly.

How much fluid did they have to add to fill it up? (How much blew out on your field?)

A little over two gallons of very expensive roundup!

/ PLEASE HELP, NEW TRACTOR, HYDRAULIC BLOWOUT #16  
I agree that is a very poor place for the valve assembly! I routinely put my 3130 in the woods and I would break that off toot sweet. Would a kind of skid plate or guard protect it. I think I would try to move it to a more protected location. I coated my neighbor's driveway (gravel), with hydraulic fluid with less than 10 hours on mine (broke the main pump discharge hose). He really appreciated it-kept his dust down....
David

/ PLEASE HELP, NEW TRACTOR, HYDRAULIC BLOWOUT #17  
Great post by Ronmar. Ditto on the identical work. While it was probably a fluke.. if there is a flaw in that oring seat.. or similar.. I too would expect another failure very shortly.

Sounds like the dealer treated you very well.

lets hope this was just one of the small annoyances that every tractor owner faces during the longtime his tractor serves otherwise well.

Soundguy

RonMar said:
I would put it back to work immediatly doing whatever you were doing when it failed. If it was just a bad seal, then it should be fine. If it was another issue, such as a mistake in installation(it is so hard to get good help these days:)), then it will most likley fail again in the same place under the same stresses. If it does, insist that they review the entire installation. Sounds like they got on the problem pretty quick it being a saturday and all. That is a good sign.

I spent several hours working it on Saturday after they fixed it. I moved logs, brush piles, and stumps. I also popped a few small trees out by the roots. The grapple is worth its weight in gold. I couldn't find a drop of fluid anywhere when I parked it for the night, so I guess all is well for now.

The service guy said he suspected that the bolts attaching the electronic part to the valve body were never tightened properly. (It comes pre-assembled from Kubota when you order a third-function valve, and they just install it.) When he got here he could move it with his hand and stated that it took no effort whatsoever to loosen the bolts. To his credit, he said that he would check all of them in the future, although this is the first one they have had any trouble with. It also appeared that the o-ring that failed had been crimped when it was assembled at the factory. Just a fluke I guess.

I love the tractor. It is so easy to operate....the HST + is a huge improvement in my opinion. I really like the auto throttle and the stall guard feautures.

On a sour note, I found out that coil springs and rotary cutter blades aren't good for each other. There were two buried in some brush I was working on for the neighbor. I ground the edge while they were on the cutter, but I guess I need to take them off and do the job right.

/ PLEASE HELP, NEW TRACTOR, HYDRAULIC BLOWOUT #19  
I usually just file out the blunt nicks on my RC's and go...

Soundguy