PHD and auger measurements

/ PHD and auger measurements #1  

davesisk

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson MF 1220
Hey guys:

Here's those measurements I promised. (I finally got around to taking the auger off the PHD head today.)

PHD head: male shaft, round, 2" OD, solid, with a 5/8" bolt hole about 3/4" from the end.

Auger: female shaft, round, 2" ID, ~3-1/4" OD, 5/8" bolt hole 3" from the end of the shaft.

Anyone else want to check the diameters on theirs? Now that I've taken that 24" auger off the PHD head, I'm more motivated to sell it, so anyone let me know if you're interested! I'm thinking a fair price would be about 2/3 - 1/2 of what it sells for new...so, say, $300? (typo corrected!)

Dave

/ PHD and auger measurements #2  
davesisk:
<font color=red>Anyone else want to check the diameters on theirs?</font color=red>
My PHD augers have a 2 inch ID shaft with a 1/2 inch hole about 3 inches from the end. Didn't take the auger off the head to check the head hole size.
<font color=red>I'm thinking a fair price would be about 2/3 - 1/2 of what it sells for new...so, say, $200?</font color=red>
My pricelist lists the 24 inch auger at $580.00 which puts your $200.00 at more than a tad under 1/2 price or did you intend the $200 to be $300?

/ PHD and auger measurements
Thanks! Good catch, I did mean $300.../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I guess I should read my posts after posting, eh?

Dave

/ PHD and auger measurements #4  
Dave: Since Sedgewood and I have the same tractor, I assume our post hole diggers are the same. My augers also are 2" ID, built out to 3" with a collar welded on. The augers, however are male and are inserted into the female cup on the power head. The sheer bolt is 1/2"
Sounds as if the augers aren't quite interchangeable, but with some minor work would adapt.

/ PHD and auger measurements
Yup, given the diameters of concern are both 2", sounds like a piece of thick pipe with a 2" ID would do the trick as an "adapter sleeve"...

Dave

/ PHD and auger measurements #6  
<font color=red>2" ID would do the trick as an "adapter sleeve"...</font color=red>

They may not even need an adapter sleeve, but the 1/2 to 5/8 shear bolt difference has to be dealt with. With luck, however, someone interested in the big auger will already have the matching head.