Parking brake indicator

/ Parking brake indicator #11  
With cars it is even better, they start the car, drive 1/2 mile and it dies when gas in carburetor runs out. They will never play with it in the middle of the road.
Proven concept when i was living in car theft ridden country and even saved my life one time.
What vehicles still have carburetors? I suppose you could still put a switch in the line to the fuel pump which would prevent it from starting at all.

Theft isn't a big issue where I live, and the parking brake on mine is effective enough that I immediately feel it if I try to move with it on. What I need to figure out is an indicator showing whether I'm in fwd or reverse, especially for when doing loader work.

/ Parking brake indicator
What if we simply add on a bigger warning light to the OEM circuit? (For those who have a factory indicator)
Put a bigger light in a more obvious place. The OEM in dash E brake indicator is anemic at best, especially with a little dirt on the screen.
Not helpful for me in two situation, when the sun is real bright and when i for reverse i don't see the dashboard, Sound alarm is more noticeable, Easy to install, better indication

What vehicles still have carburetors? I suppose you could still put a switch in the line to the fuel pump which would prevent it from starting at all.

Theft isn't a big issue where I live, and the parking brake on mine is effective enough that I immediately feel it if I try to move with it on. What I need to figure out is an indicator showing whether I'm in fwd or reverse, especially for when doing loader work.
Actually, i was answering MR Orange question about antitheft ;) But this mode is for people who does NOT have effective brakes and want to add an indicator.

For FWD and reverse to add an indicator is easy as well, but frankly I've never felt any need for this, I just look at the lever if don't remember.

Last edited: