Opinion on Price for New 2032R

/ Opinion on Price for New 2032R #1  

fordmantpw

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2720
Hey all! I'm looking to purchase a new 2032R. Price out the door with loader and MMM is right at $26,500. Is that a decent price? It's been nearly 10 years since I bought a new tractor, so just wanted to get some thoughts.

Also, I'm looking to sell my 2012 2720 loaded up the same. It's got 280 hours. Offer is $13,500 for my tractor, but I'm thinking I could do $16-17k selling it outright. Thoughts?

Thanks for the help!

/ Opinion on Price for New 2032R #2  
Curious why you are trading? For the difference in price you can get a very nice ZT to cut grass at twice the speed and still keep your tractor.

/ Opinion on Price for New 2032R #3  
They plan on making $5-7k from the sale of your tractor. I'd be seeking a better deal on the new one or sell yours on your own. But I'm with Don--Why a new tractor? More power?

Look at my list. New is nice but hard to beat reliable and no payments. :giggle:

/ Opinion on Price for New 2032R
Several reasons for the new tractor:

1) The 2032R is slightly larger, with more weight. That's my main beef with mine, it's just not heavy enough for some things I do.
2) I don't really want to maintain (nor store, because my shop is out of space) 2 tractors. I thought about that scenario, and I could buy a decent ZT for just the price of the mower deck.
3) I like the auto-throttle on the 2032R, the auto-connect, the separate lift for the deck, etc.
4) That new tractor smell! :)

With that said, I don't HAVE to have a new tractor. I've been kicking the tires, and the current rebate looks like a good deal.

Thanks for the input! I'm going to try to sell mine outright.

/ Opinion on Price for New 2032R #5  
Several reasons for the new tractor:

1) The 2032R is slightly larger, with more weight. That's my main beef with mine, it's just not heavy enough for some things I do.
2) I don't really want to maintain (nor store, because my shop is out of space) 2 tractors. I thought about that scenario, and I could buy a decent ZT for just the price of the mower deck.
3) I like the auto-throttle on the 2032R, the auto-connect, the separate lift for the deck, etc.
4) That new tractor smell! :)

With that said, I don't HAVE to have a new tractor. I've been kicking the tires, and the current rebate looks like a good deal.

Thanks for the input! I'm going to try to sell mine outright.

There is no difference in weight between the two machines, unless I am reading the specs wrong. You need move to a 3000 lb machine you to see an improvement

With a ZT you do not need auto connect. Plus you do not need to take the MMM off and find a place to store it to do tractor work.

To store a ZT a $1500 shed would do the job. BTW I cut my mowing time by 50% using a ZT.

There is no difference in weight between the two machines, unless I am reading the specs wrong. You need move to a 3000 lb machine you to see an improvement

With a ZT you do not need auto connect. Plus you do not need to take the MMM off and find a place to store it to do tractor work.

To store a ZT a $1500 shed would do the job. BTW I cut my mowing time by 50% using a ZT.

You were probably looking at the gen 1 2032R, which is essentially the 2720 with a different name. That changed in 2017 I believe with the gen 2. According to Deere's website, the 2032R has a weight of 2879 lbs. The 2720 has a weight of 1973 lbs, for a weight gain of 906 lbs, or 46%. That's a pretty substantial difference.

The MMM comes off and the loader goes on in < 5 minutes, and I just leave the deck where it's at and drive over it. No need to store it.

I understand what you are saying, and I gave that some thought, but I just prefer not to have another machine to maintain.

/ Opinion on Price for New 2032R #7  
You were probably looking at the gen 1 2032R, which is essentially the 2720 with a different name. That changed in 2017 I believe with the gen 2. According to Deere's website, the 2032R has a weight of 2879 lbs. The 2720 has a weight of 1973 lbs, for a weight gain of 906 lbs, or 46%. That's a pretty substantial difference.

The MMM comes off and the loader goes on in < 5 minutes, and I just leave the deck where it's at and drive over it. No need to store it.

I understand what you are saying, and I gave that some thought, but I just prefer not to have another machine to maintain.

Sorry about the error. JD must have run out of numbers to use the same model number for two such different machines...lol

Sorry about the error. JD must have run out of numbers to use the same model number for two such different machines...lol

LOL, yeah there's a lot of confusion on that. They are really different machines.

/ Opinion on Price for New 2032R #9  
I bought a 2025r, 60”mmm, loader, forks, loaded tires for 21k, which was taxes and everything. This was 2 1/2 years ago when prices were better. A 2032r is a lot more tractor and I don’t know what a good prices is but in these times it seems like a great deal these days. I’m not sure what you can get for your tractor. It’s a little older but very low hours.

I personally love the auto connect and the ease the loader comes off on the newer JD tractors. I have read there is problems with the actuators on the independent deck lift on these tractors.

I bought a 2025r, 60”mmm, loader, forks, loaded tires for 21k, which was taxes and everything. This was 2 1/2 years ago when prices were better. A 2032r is a lot more tractor and I don’t know what a good prices is but in these times it seems like a great deal these days. I’m not sure what you can get for your tractor. It’s a little older but very low hours.

I personally love the auto connect and the ease the loader comes off on the newer JD tractors. I have read there is problems with the actuators on the independent deck lift on these tractors.

Thanks for your thoughts! I actually sold my tractor for $17,500 less than 48 hours after posting, so I did OK there. Now, I hope the 3 week wait is less than 3 weeks! :)