opinion of Carry-On trailers

/ opinion of Carry-On trailers #11  
I bought one of these trailers 10/2023 and 2 welds on it broke loose the first time using it 2 weeks later loading my Mule Pro MX. The welds were small and defective. I opened a warranty claim with Carry-On. They denied it saying I overloaded the ramp and the allowable weight for loading was half the trailer capacity so 1046 pounds….obvious nonsense. So you’re buying a trailer that holds over a ton and can only load ½ ton? They could not produce any documentation that stated that when asked. They lied to me and then tortured me for a week after their arbitrary denial for a simple repair of defective workmanship. Research the complaints on the web across the nation and you’ll realize it doesn’t matter what the problem is. They blame shift, dodge and lie. They will not honor their warranty

The link above is broken. Here is the company:

I haven't paid much attention to the company. It appears as if they have distributed manufacturing across the USA. And a whole bunch of different models. So your exact trailer model would be pertinent.

Page 3 of the catalog has a list of manufacturing plants. If you are anywhere close to one of their plants, perhaps try to contact that plant directly and see if they can do your repairs.

It is possible that the quality from one location to another would vary.

It looks like they have a bunch of different trailer models. Which model do you have?

I see that they're selling the trailers by the GVWR, with the actual Payload being around 500 pounds less than the GVWR depending on the trailer model. So, your mule is rated at about 1,600 lbs. That could well be over capacity for a 2,000 lb GVWR trailer, especially after you add a driver.

Nonetheless, in the video on their home page, they show what appears to be a mule, or similar ATV being carried on a single axle wood deck trailer, and it fills the trailer end to end. That would be an argument in favor that at least one of their single axle trailers can carry the mule.

I can't tell the exact model being used for the Mule. It may be one of their heavier duty single axle trailers with ratings from 2,000 lbs GVWR up to 2990 GVWR.

Attachments

• Mule1.jpg
    Mule1.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Mule2.jpg
    Mule2.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 30