Old MAHINDRA 184-4 is it worth buying?

/ Old MAHINDRA 184-4 is it worth buying? #1  

hitechluddite

Tractor
Massey ferguson 231S
Hello all

I see there is a MAHINDRA 184-4 up for sale locally it was actually made years ago by some other company. does anybody have any knowledge on these they'd care to share? I would also need to find a belly bower for it no belly mower is a dealbreaker

/ Old MAHINDRA 184-4 is it worth buying? #2  
   / Old MAHINDRA 184-4 is it worth buying?
Yep George that's it! It's a Chinese thing, looks to be around an 80's vintage. Think it would be possibvle to get parts when needed and be dependable enough to be worth having?

/ Old MAHINDRA 184-4 is it worth buying? #4  
I'm not sure where you would find parts for that tractor nor what you could use if for. Maybe drive it in parades? 2 cyl. 18HP isn't much to work with when operating a 3 pt implement. I wouldn't buy it but its your money. Just remember that you usually get what you pay for.

I would just put a 48" belly mower on it and use it as a mower. The 4WD and slightly larger frame than most tractors that HP would be nice in rough terrain and steep hills. I would not pay more than a couple hundred for it....

/ Old MAHINDRA 184-4 is it worth buying? #6  
I would just put a 48" belly mower on it and use it as a mower. The 4WD and slightly larger frame than most tractors that HP would be nice in rough terrain and steep hills. I would not pay more than a couple hundred for it....

Even if that has a mid pto, you won't find a belly mower that fits it. You could put a rear finish mower on it, but I am not sure it's worth it.

Thanks rback, It looks like it can't be supported so it's a pass