oil filters

/ oil filters #1  

Anonymous Poster

Just had my 50 hour maintenance done on my B2710. I had the dealer I bought it from do the work. But when I bought the tractor the salesman worked out a deal that if I paid for the materials he would take care of the labor. When it came time for the service he tried to tell me they had changed their policy. So I told him fine, go ahead and pick up the tractor. He was to pick it up the next day. Three weeks later he calls and asks if he could pick it up now, and I replied, no thanks, I will do it myself. So since they are the only local dealer I bought one oil filter and two hydraulic filters, four gals. of hydraulic fluid, and four qts. of oil. So while I was at the service counter I explained everything to the service man and he said that they have had trouble with this salesman before. He would send someone out and pick up the tractor and do the service for free and they did. So they delivered it today. But one of the filters on the hydraulics looks like the original. I bought three filters and they were all white with the parts numbers on them. One filter that is on the tractor is still gray, like the original. Just want to know if the gray is a factory filter, or do they sell gray ones? I'm going to call them tomorrow to chew on their butts but wanted to make sure I was right. Sorry for the long post.

/ oil filters #2  
bulzi60
The filter on right side when sitting in seat is gray. This is the hydraulic filter made in Japan.
My dealer and I, mark the current date and hours on each filter when they are changed with a Magic Marker. This way I will know in the future when a filter has been changed.