Oil filter Y385 engine

/ Oil filter Y385 engine #1  

Johnny P

Bronze Member
Tractor
"Shire badged" Jinma 284LE
Hello everyone, I live in rural France and getting spares for my tractor is a difficult task, even with the use of the Google Garage. I have however, just got a replacement oil filter for the above. It is a Mann 719/13, perfect fit. Just one question is there any internal construction of the filter that may make this unsuitable?
Thanks Johnny P

/ Oil filter Y385 engine #2  
The only filter information I have is for the TY380 and TY385 engines that both used the original Jinma part number JXD706P, It was listed as having 20mm threads, no other specs.
Filters that cross reference to that number are:
NAPA 1626 or FIL1381
Fram PH3935 or PH3985
AC (Delco) PF970C
WIX 51381

These engines were also made with Imperial 3/4" thread size and the original Jinma part number was JDX707P
This is what was on my 2006 year 284 with the Y385 engine.
Here are numbers I have managed to cross over for it.
NAPA 1516
Fram 3600 (this is the one I have been using for years with no ill effects)
Purolator L20195
Mobil 1 M1-209(A)

I have not used the Purolator or Mobil 1 filters but found the numbers one day and wrote them down for "just in case".
Perhaps you can find info on your filter and compare it to specs that should be available for those listed above.
I think about the only thing you have to look for is micron size of the filter media and by-pass pressure setting. I don't think anti-drainback is an issue for these engines and quite frankly micron size is probably not that important either. These are not super tight tolerance engines anyway.

Frequent oil changes with a decent quality oil is probably more important than a super-duper filter. For reference I use Rotella T4 15W-40 year round. Although sometimes at -20 F temps I wish it was 5W-20. ;)