OBD connector location Mahindra 5570 4wd?

/ OBD connector location Mahindra 5570 4wd? #1  

PatMiles

Tractor
Mahindra 5570 4WD Tier 4
Looking for the OBD connector on my Mahindra 5570, check engine light is winking at me. Dealer wants $125.00 just to read the code.
Anybody?
Thanks,
Pat

/ OBD connector location Mahindra 5570 4wd? #2  
I don't have your model, but mine is under the hood, next to the firewall, and inconspicuous as can be. I've heard some models don't even have a cover on the plug-in end.

And IIRC, I don't think the port is the same OBD as a vehicle port, but I could be mistaken on this.

If you have a NAPA or O'reilly's close by, ask them if they will loan you an OBD reader. Take a pic of the port to show them, just in case it's different than a vehicle port.

/ OBD connector location Mahindra 5570 4wd? #4  
on the 5100 series it is under the seat

/ OBD connector location Mahindra 5570 4wd? #6  
Thank you sir, I'll check to see if that's the case with my 5570.
Had the same issue with my 1533 (obviously a much smaller machine) and found it was tucked into the wiring harness on the left side of the engine. With everything being painted black including all the wiring, it was difficult to find. Mine uses a standard 16 pin OBDII connector. I also have a flashing MIL light, but the code is evidently an OEM specific code and I don't have a list and I haven't found another vehicle using a Bosch ECM which may reveal the code description. I am able to pull live data, most of which makes sense. I say mostly, because some of the live data refers to sensors not on this machine. In a perfect world, the software would be available at a reasonable cost and we could diagnose problems without a trip to the dealer. I have tried a few scan tools from basic to higher end, all with the same result more or less. Next step is to capture scope traces for known good sensors for comparison if a problem develops at a later date.

/ OBD connector location Mahindra 5570 4wd? #7  
I’m sure you have found it by now, but incase you haven’t, it’s on the left side of the tractor. If you remove the side panel and stick your head in behind the front left tire and look to your right towards the drivers seat it’ll be right in your face amongst several other fuses.