Oil & Fuel NH TC30 injection pump removal and install?

/ NH TC30 injection pump removal and install? #1  

psvfd

Platinum Member
Tractor
2006 NH TC30 Yanmar 2010
I looked in my service manual and no mention of the timing, just remove then install.
Anyone have ever removed that pump?
Thanks

/ NH TC30 injection pump removal and install? #2  
I have not but the pump injector fuel distribution and metering is certainly timed. inside the timing gear cover you have camshaft gear, crankshaft gear and oil pump gear. They are all timed and meshed constantly. There is timing mark on the gear and the housing to line them up. on the pump bracket if you notice when you take the bolt off there is a slot rather than a hole. The reason for that is that you can rotate the whole pump CW or CCW for a few degrees. If I were you , I would put a witness mark on the pump housing and the engine block timing cover. You want to make sure that you do not move , start or jump the tractor to maintain same timing as you had previously. On my 1700 i used scratch awl and dremel tool to put my witness mark if I ever need to do it. The assumption here is that you have a mechanical pump and I am 99% sure you do.

JC,

Attachments

• tractor 009.jpg
    tractor 009.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 175
  • tractor 018.jpg
    tractor 018.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
   / NH TC30 injection pump removal and install? #3  
I'd follow JC's advise but go through your service manual more carefully. There should be timing instructions in there.

/ NH TC30 injection pump removal and install? #4  
Just to clear the air.. he has a PFR style pump..
the 1 that sits in its own pocket & is held in w/ 4 bolts on the corners of the pump.
The timing is done w/ shims underneath the pump mounting flange..

/ NH TC30 injection pump removal and install?
Thanks Mike for the help. The post office shows you will get it tomorrow, Monday.

/ NH TC30 injection pump removal and install? #6  
you might refer to injector pump timing for my 1700 off of IT shop Manual FO-44 for some reference.

JC,

/ NH TC30 injection pump removal and install?
I found it in the service manual. It is called spill timing, but since I will be installing the same pump that I toke off it should be correct as it is adjusted by the shim that is installed under the pump flange.
Thanks for the reply's

/ NH TC30 injection pump removal and install? #8  
JC. the poster has a completely different fuel system than u do..
& the only time he would need to check or change his timing is, IF he had a MAJOR component change/failure.. engine block, cam or crank shaft..

/ NH TC30 injection pump removal and install? #9  
JC. the poster has a completely different fuel system than u do..
& the only time he would need to check or change his timing is, IF he had a MAJOR component change/failure.. engine block, cam or crank shaft..

Howdy,

He might have. As I said what I said was just a general outline. Saying that, I went to NH website and looked up TC-30 injection pump. A lot of components of the pump they do not identify as if they want you to buy whole pump. In ways it appears to be the same of what I have my 1700 with the exception of 3 discharge/ injectors for TC-30. On mine and it appears from design the pump is driven by it's gear that is permanently meshed with oil pump, crankshaft and camshaft. The gear is coupled to a pump input shaft. This shaft in turns has lobes (like a camshaft) that reciprocate pistons to pump the fuel to the injector same as a positive displacement reciprocating pump. Below is the innards of my pump just for reference.

JC,

Attachments

• Fuel Injection Pump 10-11-13 (4) (Large).JPG
    Fuel Injection Pump 10-11-13 (4) (Large).JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 163