Traction NH TC30 front bumper

/ NH TC30 front bumper #1  

jack32008

Bronze Member
Tractor
2023 TYM T474HST w/FEL, Loaded rear tires
Here's how I added approx. 300-LBS and a functional front bumper to my NH TC30... CHEAP! Piece of scrap railroad track. Works like a champ and only have about $5 invested in the black spray paint used to cover it. Better traction in 4WD, offsets the 640-LB Rhino 160 brush hog on the 3-PT hitch, and will prevent possible damage to the frontend if I inadvertently run into a tree or tall stump. (see thumbnail photo attached)

Enjoy!

Jack in Key West

Attachments

• TC30 railroad track front bumper.jpg
    TC30 railroad track front bumper.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
   / NH TC30 front bumper #2  
For my Mitsubishi CUT I have a 300lb elevator weight that I hang on my 3 point arms. Nice compact and just right with my filled tires.The weight even had holes nicely spaced to add cat 1 pins plus I added a post that attaches to the upper arm and also serves for trailer hitch.

The weight being cast iron has '300lbs' cast into the forging. I use the hitch for trailers and to mount my electric winch for log retrieval as well.

/ NH TC30 front bumper #3  
Very nice Jack. You now have a portable anvil too!

/ NH TC30 front bumper
FORD850: I have a 12" x 12" x 1" thick steel I-Beam for use an anvil. I don't think I could bring myself to 'pound on my tractor'. :)

For me, adding the railroad track to the front end of my little TC30 definitely makes it look 'tougher/stronger' than it did before. I like it!

Take care.

Jack