New to the tractor life

/ New to the tractor life #1  

2k1dakotaman

Tractor
farmtrac 300
Good morning all me and my wife just bought a new house on 7 acres and the guy sold us the Farmtrac 300 with it for 5,000 has a front end loader bushog and a finishing mower with it. Was gonna do a good maintenance on it today since the weather is somewhat nice for being in louisiana and i can't for the life for me find the oil plug for it. found the oil and fuel filter dip stick for the oil I'm sure its on the same side just further down but have no luck. Thank you for the help and loving this forum already alot of answers i got already from reading other post

/ New to the tractor life #3  
I am not sure about your tractor but on mine, it has 2 oil drain plugs and yes, you want to drain BOTH.

I would recommend that you get a Work Shop Manual (WSM) for your tractor as it will show you where everything is located and tell you how to do each item of maintenance.

/ New to the tractor life
Okay will do the two bolts what look like would be the oil plug are very very tight. I'm about to head to the old house and get my tools cause i don't wanna strip the bolt off for sure with channel locks

/ New to the tractor life #5  
:welcome: to TBN.
Congrats on your new homestead also tractor,tractor sure going to make those project easier but on the other hand more projects to things to do list. ;)

/ New to the tractor life #6  
2k1dakotaman
Welcome to TBN your in the right place to get your questions answered pictures always help.

/ New to the tractor life #7  
Welcome. I own a Farmtrac 270 that I purchased new. I have more than 300 hours in the seat, most of them happy, other than some minor issues. I came across the attached spec sheet on the 300. You may find it helpful.
Just curious, how many hours on your tractor? Any obvious issues?
Good luck to you.

Attachments

• Farmtrac300.jpg
    Farmtrac300.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 262