New to forum and Satoh S370D

/ New to forum and Satoh S370D #1  

JeffinNB

Tractor
Satoh Beaver
Hi all, I picked up a new to me Satoh S370D a month ago. It wouldn't start so I pulled the head and found a cracked rear piston and seized rings on the front piston.

I replaced both pistons and rings after lightly honing the cylinder bores. It started right up after and seems to run great and everything works.

It came with a Woods RM48 finish mower and 48 inch Berco snow blower, FEL and custom cab.

I do have a hydraulic leak coming from the 3 point piston cylinder head. I'm thinking it's likely the o-ring. Anyone happen to know the size?

Thanks

Jeff
Screenshots_2022-08-23-08-55-07_(1).png

Last edited:
   / New to forum and Satoh S370D #2  
Congrats on your new machine and welcome to TBN. I'd give Valley Power a call, they'll be able to help with any issue you might have!

/ New to forum and Satoh S370D #3  
Hi all, I picked up a new to me Satoh S370D a month ago. It wouldn't start so I pulled the head and found a cracked rear piston and seized rings on the front piston.

I replaced both pistons and rings after lightly honing the cylinder bores. It started right up after and seems to run great and everything works.

It came with a Woods RM48 finish mower and 48 inch Berco snow blower, FEL and custom cab.

I do have a hydraulic leak coming from the 3 point piston cylinder head. I'm thinking it's likely the o-ring. Anyone happen to know the size?

Thanks

JeffView attachment 759403
At the top of this section is a pinned topic. Download the helpful PDF there for your machine.

As for o-rings, Buna-N or Neoprene are the two for hydraulic use. Other materials will fail due to not being fluid compatible.

Japan tractors are made to JIS standards, not SAE. With this stated, the o-rings are metric.