New shop build, beginning stages with questions

/ New shop build, beginning stages with questions #261  
So, I've made a post a wile ago in the rural living or something area below asking about doors for my near future shop... I'm trying to finalize my plans in the very near future...

Anyway, I have an area that had grapes in it, found plans and have a quote for the complete building kit minus slab and related stuff... 36'x48' based off of THESE plans, I'd be doing the maximum size with 14' rafters. Two bay doors on the long wall, have to stick to plans and 10' wide doors for permitting reasons... I'm thinking of making one 12' tall door sliding for future "modification" and the other a 10'x10' roll up, insulation on the roof and sides.

In the plans is a ~9000lb 2 post lift in the bay with a 10x10 door so probably a 5" thick slab, along with PEX tubing in the floor for floor heating. Also want to have a small office in there...

Main questions are of course any tips, I'm pondering what I want to do for a crane in the sop, my options are A frame on casters, I beam setup with I beams running down the rafters and a hanging I beam between them and a chain hoist off a trolley (3 trolleys and 3 I beams for this setup) or a swinging JIB crane off of one of the posts.

For electrical I'm not sure what I want to do, will be a one man show with welding and fabrication equipment so ~150A should be sufficient, permitting is $79 up to 200A plus $4 per branch circuit at inspection (so, light switch and an outlet at that point...). The shop will be ~50' from the house panel, absolutely no room in that panel for anything else so probably going to have to pony out some $$ to get a line to the shop. I do know an electrician to help me with getting the hard wire in so that isn't holding me back too far... I've rewired my garage myself from scratch including trenching new wires from the panel at the house, adding at least 10 outlets and adding 10 lights or so so no worries there.

As far as land prep, I have the grapes all pulled, waiting on the dirt to dry up some so I can get to working it up and getting the top soil out of the way and leveled. I'll try to get a picture or two of the area tomorrow, haven't looked at it in the daylight in a while.

As said above, any tips or ideas are appreciated! I would get a whole lot more done if I had somewhere inside to do work! I know it's a big task building from a kit but it's the only way that's in the cards to get what I want...
Forget the crane and get a 5000# forklift with side shift. The forklift is cheaper and you can do more with it.

/ New shop build, beginning stages with questions
That ship has sailed, a forklift would be GREAT but then It'd take up real estate and be too heavy to drive outside. I picked up a 10' tall by 10' wide A frame with trolley, I'll get a chain fall for it (I think I have one) so that'll serve my needs.

Here's the first steps in moving in, The 3 pt forklift under the tool box in first low with the wife behind worked great for the 100 yard trek down the road to the shop...

I still have to pull the filler tubes for the chain pots and do some cleaning around the receivers...

20210314_104853.jpg

20210314_110200.jpg

20210314_151137.jpg

/ New shop build, beginning stages with questions #265  
Your floor really turned out nice!!!

What are you going to put on your walls so the plastic doesn't get destroyed?

/ New shop build, beginning stages with questions #266  
Thanks guys.

After the material prices settle down a bit I plan on putting up OSB or plywood, probably plywood, gotta get electrical figured out first though.

/ New shop build, beginning stages with questions #268  
I put my electrical on the surface of wall osb. Then I used white trim metal and bent it to cover the wires. That way I can add more if needed. Jon

Ok, didn't realize it'd been this long since I updated this thread...

I got the final inspection done last Thursday, so that's over with. It was another few grand to get electrical to the shop but it involved a new transformer for the house/shop service, buried conduit to the new meter panel at the shop then buried line to the house, and it's a 320A service with a 200A main for the shop and house...

Not much has changed, I've just been catching up on projects for the most part, now I'm waiting for the bank account to recuperate enough to continue on...

Still working on things on the cheap side but moving along doing stuff...

Not long ago I did some non permanent wiring for my $30 garage sale air compressor, 220V 3hp I think 30 gallon... it works great, had to put a new belt on it and fix a couple leaks as you'd expect...

Tonight I wired in a welder plug, normal wiring is scary expensive to do right but turns out there was a 50' 6AWG generator extension cord on Amazon for half off, $110 shipped for 4 conductor stranded wire so I ordered one... went about 4' to the closest post to the panel and put an outlet there and used the rest of the cord for an extension cord for now. The insulation on the wire is a thick layer of nylon then rubber then thick insulated 4 conductor so I'm not worried about abrasion or anything... now I can do some real welding safely, gotta get my welding rods from the garage to the shop now!